AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had time for the silly vocal song used on the PP show because it was the best soap of the 2010s (period!!), but you're never going to improve on the classic AMC theme and the new show shouldn't try. Just update it again like they did in the 2000s.

• Members

Thanks for sharing, Forever8! I originally posted that audio on YouTube, ripped from another source, so it's nice to see people appreciating it.

All four of the basic AMC themes (including 2013) were great, IMO. I know the David Benoit composition from the late 90s/early 00s isn't a favorite for most, but I always thought it had more of a "classic AMC" feel than the Barber/Israel theme.

• Members

What set AMC apart imo was its odd mix of themes. They would tackle some Douglas Sirk family melodrama, lighthearted teen romance, serious social issue drama, Comedy and a gothic mystery happening in all one episode. I always thought of AMC as the unconventional soap. Full of quirky characters (Billy Clyde), unusual characters (Noah), every storyline had heart, every character was connected to an major family. The show doesn’t start relying on all the soap tricks into the 90s and nothing too dark happens until the late 90s and early 2000s. And if one soap was all about women and their struggles it was AMC, almost every major female was career driven.

Edited by cassistan

• Members

What I remember (again, I started watching in the early 90’s) was Pine Valley felt like a place, a real community.  Everybody wasn’t rich or famous like Erica or Adam, and lots of characters had a real sense of integrity.

Watching the clip posted about Michael and Kevin coming out really reminded me of that community sense.  Stories and characters were connected but also had their own stories going on, with great supporting characters tying it all together.