Recasts

• Members

On OLTL, I loved RC's run as Skye only in the last six months...when she discovered she was Rae's child, was framed by Todd, broke it off with Max, and told Blair/Todd where to go....on GH, I loved her during the Brenda's return story (when she was nominated for and robbed of an Emmy), and even in early Luke/Skye stuff. Other than that....she was woefully underused on GH once Brenda left and Guza focused on his own faves. But I would take her back in a heartbeat on AMC, a move that if executed properly, might make that show worth saving. But, alas....that's not going to happen. Not when AMC must focus on the bad acting of bug-eyed Ryan, vacant Kendall, and hammy Greenlee. (And ABC wonders why its soaps are in the crapper :wacko: ).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it was called Caged Hearts.

Ken Kenitzer? WTF was that about, lol? He may be the single worst performer I've ever seen on a soap....or anywhere. He couldn't make eye contact with anyone, mumbled his lines, and couldn't figure out where he was supposed to stand. And this was all AIRED ON TV. Oy.

• Members

I haven't looked, but after I got over the fact she looked nothing like Debbi Morgan, damn if she wasn't a really good actress. Looking back, her dramatic scenes put Debbi Morgan's recent ones (like when she saw Jesse was alive) to shame. Morgan seems like a big ole can of ham compared to Quarterman.

Of course, Morgan IS Angie, and there was no replacing her. And yes, AMC has mostly had horrible recasts (I would include Kendall, lol), from Brooke to Nina to Liza to Greg to Skye to you name them....however, AMC HAS had success with recasting actors who were not working, as when they brought on a new Dixie, new Will, and others.

• Members

I just wonder sometimes what the thought processes are in recasting. For instance, while I'm sure Quartermain was good, was there any reason they would recast Angie? I wonder if they were just saving face because of the PR fiasco with Morgan's leaving.

• Members

Interestingly enough, I only saw Sandra Quarterman once or twice as Angie yet I immediately recognized her when she showed up on Hanging with Mr. Cooper. I only remember her in hospital scenes in her lab coat having a heart-to-heart with somebody, I don't remember any Frankie interaction for example. How many months did she last?

I wonder if any of the original An Li and Terrence is on YouTube, they were definitely geeky in comparison to their replacements.

Archived