Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, she looks so un-Nina. That was some trippy Dark Shadows-type music.

Erica looks beautiful in that clip. 4:10-4:22 is really sexy, it's interesting to look back and see how she blows all of her modern day clones out of the water. She set the bar.

It looks like cue cards were still in use.

• Members

Yeah, she was a decent actress (unlike Heather Stanford), but she was no Nina. Peter Bergman I think hated Heather Stanford, or at least implied he did, because in an interview he talked about the Nina recasts. He didn't mention Stanford by name, but he said Barbara Kearns, unlike the other Nina recast, was a really nice person, just wrong for the part. What most stands out for me about the awful Stanford is a scene where she is on the stand in court when her mother Daisy is on trial, and she (Nina) has a breakdown. She was so awful, they cut to Gillian Spencer (Daisy), and you could see Spencer was about to burst out laughing.

BTW, these Kearns scenes are the beginning of the end for her run as Nina. A few short weeks later she was gone, and few months later Taylor Miller reclaimed the role in July 1986.

• Members

Brandon Routh was terrible as Seth...and I still remember his crazy posts on his website about God's retribution after being fired. Ugh. I was surprised he was cast as Superman....not surprised he's been replaced in the role, and is probably the least successful actor/actress to ever play a superhero in a big-budget blockbuster. Personally, I think he was hired because Bryan Singer wanted to bang him.

Steve Richard Harris on the other hand...not the greatest actor in the world, but what a little cutie :D

• Members

I've always been curious about the two Anne Tyler's that were in the role the longest.. Judith Barcroft and Gwen Gyllis (sp?). I know Judith Barcroft left for personal reasons but I was wondering how her replacement fared in the role? How did she interpret the Anne role?

• Members

Taylor Miller said she left the first time in protest of a storyline. Was that the Zach story? That first clip makes Nina look like the world's biggest dumba$$.

Anyway, here's the 2006 Billy Abbott recast. He was on very briefly, before Billy was sent back to Hong Kong, only to be revived in 2008 by the most overrated recast of all time, Chompers. This clip is muted, but this Billy (Scott Seymour?) has caveman expressions to guide the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlHZgUMn3NQ&feature=related

• Members

I don't remember her being upset about any story, but I was pretty young at the time....I just remember of the three "biggies" who left AMC that summer, Taylor was the first to put in her notice. It hit the mags in March that she was leaving in June, before Zach even showed up. Then mid-summer word broke that Kim Delaney was leaving as Jenny. They were going to recast her, too, but then Marcy Walker announced she was defecting to Santa Barbara, and TPTB decided that was one recast too many. So Jenny was killed off.

Archived