Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's Melissa Leo in that scene with Liza, as Cliff Warner's sister. I remember she was on for a year, great actress....but so committed to her character that she was unashamed to play Linda as completely unlikeable. She was killed offscreen by Zach Grayson in 1985 because the audience hated her so much by then. She got an Emmy nomination out of it, though.

• Members

It's neat how Jess even holds her face/does her mouth like Brenda in that first scene in white (where she looks great, btw).

You're welcome John, I wish there was more Claire available too. I'd like to see her stuff with Melinda and David.

• Members

She was ahead of her time. Today playing an unlikeable character would put you front and center.

There's a catfight with her and I think the other unpopular Nina recast in the catfight thread.

Isn't there a video out there of the short-lived Greg, the one whose sole good acting came when he played on Eden as the dumb hunk who wore purple Speedos?

• Members

All I remember about that Greg (Jack Armstrong) was a scene with him in a speedo getting suntan lotion applied by Hunter Tylo (then-Deborah Morehart). Of course, later he was also one of the attempts to hunkify Kevin Buchanan on OLTL. He didn't last long in either part.

And yeah, Melissa Leo's Linda was way ahead of her time. She would've out-Carly'd Carly today on GH.

• Members

He was someone ABC had an odd fascination with...they tried twice to make him work, but no dice. Sort of like Anna Lee's son who played Richard Abbott on OLTL for a year, and then segued over to AMC to play Jeff Martin for a year. Painfully dull in both parts, just like Armstrong.

Archived