Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks.

Yes, Susan Batten was awful. Better recasts than that made me leave ATWT or almost leave...the shenanigans around her hiring, with it basically bragged about in the press that she got the job because she was pals with MADD or whatever, were so blatant and disastrous. Probably the only recast ever to get canned food sent in as protest.

Here is the first David Allen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zzhxybtYI&feature=related

• Members

Ugh. Lol. Hated Carrie Genzel. Such a step down from the sophisticated enigmatic Robin Christopher. Thankfully, she got canned after about 9 months. I think Genzel is remembered more for her softcore women's prison movie than for her lackluster turn as Skye on AMC.

Ah, well...to each his own :lol:

• Members

I watched from about '83-'86 and I also only vaguely remember Barbara Beckley and Lew Brown in the roles. Beckley, as I recall, had dark, shoulder length hair, maybe early to mid-50s, so she seemed a younger Caroline. I definitely remember thinking that they must have wanted to go an entirely different way when Peggy McCay was cast. I wonder if initially the characters were intended to just be minor supporting players. I don't remember any scenes of substance with Caroline or Shawn until McCay took over. Also seems like there was another Shawn before Frank Parker.

• Members

Frank Parker 1983-84

Lew Brown 1984-85

Frank Parker 1985-89

Frank MacLean 1989-90

Frank Parker 1990-2008

Caroline

Peggy McKay 1983

Jody Carter 1983-84

Barbara Beckley 1984-85

Peggy McKay 1985-2003; 2004-

That Is True

• Members

If I'd seen Robin's first run as Skye I might have felt differently, but I'd never seen her, and I felt sorry for Carrie's Skye, as she was so poorly treated by other people and by the show itself (a plot device). This was also at a time when AMC was misusing or getting rid of a number of talented actors.

I thought Robin's Skye was, in her second run, desperate and out of place, so really she ended up being about the same as Carrie's Skye, possibly because IMO the only reason they brought the character back was because of JFP/RC having the tie, not because anyone at ABC wanted to really write for Skye. Skye should have been a wonderful character and in the end became a reason for a paycheck.

But I'd still love to see Robin back on AMC as Skye.

• Members

She did a softcore women's prison film? The original Skye, Antoinette Byron (Australian accent) was in a short-lived FOX sitcom called Women in Prison. She played a lipstick lesbian. I never saw her Skye but my mom pointed her out while watching the first episode of WIP.

Ken Kenitzer was blink and you missed him. I only recall his first day, he'd come back to town because something big had gone done with Viki in the DID s/l. His line delivery was extremely flat, he was not an actor.

Archived