Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember reading some rumor that one of those female AMC recasts wanted to do love scenes naked. Not sure if that was true or not.

I wonder if they would have been better off in the long-term if they'd recast Jenny.

For GL, here is the in-between Marah, she was on for a few years between Kimberly Brown and Laura Bell Bundy. This clip also has Eleni recast Jennifer Roszell (she was OK but the role shouldn't have been recast).

• Members

I'm assuming GG played the bulk of baby Beth's death s/l? I say that because every picture I've seen of her, she looks just emotionally jacked up. She has a sad alcoholic look about her, kind of like freeze frames of Karen Wolek on the stand.

• Members

Well, if they had recast her with that awful Cynthia Sullivan (the so-called Jenny look-a-like, who looked more like Jenny with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome), then I'd say no, lol.

But seriously....Jenny is a legend now, for those who remember her. Had they recast successfully, Jenny would probably have been forgotten by now, long ago written off happily ever after with Greg. Had they not recast successfully, Kim Delaney might've come back to reclaim the role during her lean years (early 1990's), and Jenny would be remembered as just another soap heroine who aged before our eyes, and became less and less important to the show.

No, much as I despised that Jenny was killed off, I'm glad now that she wasn't allowed to be corrupted or destroyed like say Luke and Laura, or any number of other characters on the soaps who've been compromised. And frankly, post-1990's AMC doesn't deserve Jenny, anyway.

• Members

Let's play compare and contrast with the very unique Kristen Vigard, fired from two soaps, and her dull replacements. One went on to a decent career. The other went on to...a truly hard knock life version of Annie, possibly.

Here's Joy O'Neill.

• Members

Julie Ann Johnson's Joy was as if Kristen Vigard's Joy had been hit in the head with a 2 by 4. And then a baseball bat. And then a sledge hammer.

COMPLETELY different character, and ruined. Also, kind of on topic.....ironically, while I've liked Liz Keifer in other roles, HER O'Neill recast on OLTL (she played the original Connie O'Neill) was much better.

• Members

Julie Ann Johnson was just awful - she had a duh sign over her at all times. I guess that's some Rauch "thing" but she makes Mari Lyn Dennison seem like a Rhodes Scholar.

I liked what I've seen of Connie O'Neill #2, even if she reminds me of Rosie O'Donnell (younger years), but it confuses me, because from what I've read, Keifer's Connie was a spoiled princess. The second Connie seems totally different.

• Members

Yeah, that was a case of a total reinvention of the character. Unlike the Joy recast, who showed up days after Vigard's last appearance, the Connie recast showed up nearly a year later. From spoiled princess to street-wise upstart. But somehow, it worked.

Archived