Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They always seem to need himbos and bimbos on soaps nowadays. Think about people from the 70's/80's on soaps who would never get a chance today because they aren't chiseled guys or barbie girls. And yet...they were so much more interesting than the current crop of "actors."

• Members

Coincidentally, the two Terrences appear in this classic (what episode isn't classic, ha) episode of The Cosby Show. They're seen talking to one another starting at 1:35:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23dA2UulgR4

Akili Prince (Robert #1) is a lot cooler here. :lol: He was very earnest and pressed for Irene Ng's An-Li, and she just was not interested... she wanted her some Brian.

• Members

I don't think so. Even if they had, the recast would not have worked, just b/c viewers had become so invested in the chemistry between Kim Delaney and Laurence Lau. If anything, a recast would have just prolonged the inevitable. IMO, it would have much better if Greg and Jenny had simply left town after getting married.

• Members

I remember the role of Margo being recast. I remember when Ellen Dolan took the role over from Hillary B Smith (now Nora on OLTL) and then when Dolan left they recast with Glynnis O'Conner. I disliked O'Conner in the role tremendously and thought her portrayal of Margo was boring and flat. Gone was that spunk that Smith and Dolan had when they were in the role of Margo. I was sooo excited when it was announced that Dolan was returning to the role back in the 90's.

• Members

The recasting of Margo and Caleb were two of the reasons I started to lose interest in ATWT. At the time I didn't realize exactly why they had recast Caleb, but I just was never fond of Graham Winton and I wish they had found a more dynamic actor. O'Connor I also wasn't thrilled by, although Ellen Dolan seemed to be very different when she came back and after a few years of stories that involved Margo yelling all the time, I lost interest.

Here's O'Connor:

• Members

P&G Following The Outcry From Ellen Parker's Dismissal as GL's Maureen Bauer #2 in 1993 (Ellen Dolan Originated Maureen in 1982) They should have asked Ellen Parker To Replace Ellen Dolan as ATWT's Margo

• Members

I don't whether AS THE WORLD TURNS fans would have bought Ellen Parker as a cop.

IMO, if anyone could have succeeded Ellen Dolan as Margo, it might've been Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH; ex-Julia, SANTA BARBARA).

• Members

On GH During 1990 There Was The role Of Gloria who was played by three different actors. First Margaret Mason Than Meg Wittner & Finally Janice Lynde.

What was The Story Of Gloria and are their clips out there? Thanks.

Archived