Recasts

• Members

Why Were Certain Roles Recast?

For Example

YR's Sharon-----Monica Potter Than Heidi Mark Now Sharon Case

GH's Dawn-----Kim Valentine Than Sharon Case Than Lisa Fuller (Dan Gauither's RL Wife) & Finally Jennifer Guthrie

Share Stories Thoughts ETC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't TPTB at ABCD want OLTL's Kirk Geiger (Kevin) fired because they felt he was too short? In marches the yutz parade of Kevins. I don't think they've ever had a clear idea of who or what they've wanted adult Kevin to be. And it's showed. Something different for every regime.

• Members

Yeah, as far as I know KG got the boot for being too short. I loved him as Kevin and wish they had kept him around.

Speaking of Kevin, which soap characters have been recast the most times? I don't watch most of the soaps so I'm sure there are a lot of characters I don't know about, but Kevin Buchanan (OLTL) has to be the most recast character I've seen. I think there have been 12 Kevins.

• Members

Days of our Lives

Belle Black: Kirsten Storms left in 2004 when she was cast in the "Clubhouse" pilot. The show didn't last long but by that time Day's had recast the role.

Passions

Kay Bennett- That role was recast several times and with each time her personality seemed to change. I know Deanna Wright left for religious reasons when Heidi Mueller took over.

• Members

Yeah, at the time her character was out there. Her storylines where involved in all the evil witchcraft, demons, hell storyline, etc. She was the center of alot of it. When she left fans where on her case because she played a hooker on CSI lol.

• Members

Didnt the original Carlota on OLTL leave for religious reasons bc she didnt approve of her character being pro-gay to her son?

To be fair, half of those were kids. There have only been 6 adult Kevins. FYI, Tom Hughs on ATWT had 13 potrayers btu again alot of the early ones were children

• Members

its too bad that she left/replaced over such a stupid storyline bc Carlota's presence is felt. She should be involved in all these important scenes with Tea over the last year, now with Tomas arrival and dishing advice to Cristian. They dont even use the recast anymore. I wish they'd get PM back

• Members

Yeah, with Antonio gone and Cris on so rarely she's been MIA. She really would be a nice touch, maybe even a surrogate "talk some sense into your fool head" mother for Inez, double interesting given Carlotta's history with Inez's blackmailer Clint. *If I were EP/HW*, I'd do at least one cute scene with Carlotta, Tea, Inez, Cris and Tomas in the diner, completely in Spanish and not at all subtitled.

• Members

Most recast roles include Mike Horton (mostly recast as a child -at least 6 times))with 4 adult Mikes-Wesley Eure, Paul Coufos, Micheal T Weiss and Roark Critchlow

Jamie Frame on AW - 5 times as a chil/teen and 5 times as an adult.

Mike Powers on The Doctors 10 times,but Mike started as an older teen on the show,so this could really be regarded as the most recasted role.

• Members

Yes, she left because she thought it unrealistic for a Puerto Rican mother to be tolerant. One doesn't even know where to comment first, is it her opinion of Puerto Rican women that they are all homophobes or is it the fact she is so closed minded and bigoted that she can't even fathom playing a fictional open minded woman on TV? It doesn't matter because however you look at her position she comes off looking like a real piece of work, with "work" being a substitute for another choice word. Good riddance, maybe she should go hang out with some KKK members and cheer them for realistically seeing her as lower than dirt. I imagine then "morality" would no longer be an issue for her, and she would suddenly be about civil liberties.

Archived