Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also remember the roles of Jennifer and Melissa being recast a few times. I remember when Missy Reeves left the show and Stephanie Cameron assumed the role. At first, I did not like Cameron but grew to enjoy her and the elements she brought to the role of Jennifer. Also, her resemblance to Reeves was uncanny and smart on the part of the casting department. I remember when the original Melissa (Lisa Trusel) left and was replaced by this dark haired (Trusel was a light brown to dark blonde when she was in the role) actress with a southern drawl, who all of a sudden took a fancy to being a country western singer. For the life of me I cannot remember the actresses name, but was very thankful when she left the role.

I also remember the role of Amanda Cory being recast multiple times on Another World. She went from being blonde, to brunette, to a red head, back to blonde over a few years time period. Finally Ferguson (the original adult Amanda) returned to the role towards the end of the show. I thought Christina Tucci did a decent job as adult Amanda #2.

Speaking of Sandra Ferguson, I might be in the minority here but I enjoyed her in the role of Felicia Scorpio Jones. I thought Ferguson bore a resemblance to Kristina Wagner and I liked the dynamics she seemed to have with Lindze Letherman and Kirsten Storms, who played her onscreen daughters. I had always hoped that TPTB at ABC and GH would've put her on contract and utlized her more.

• Members

I wonder if any Patricia Pearcy or Jane Badler (more likely) still exists. NAP didn't really get much to do in the role, she was usually pretty catatonic with those few glimpses of lucidity. There's a scene where she comes to see Kelly at la Boulaie which will probably be the one John posts.

Archived