February 21-25, 2011

Toups

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I understand what you're saying, but I just think people these days don't stick to shows in general like they used too when there weren't so many choices. I see the same trends in primetime. Some shows go up and down from week to week.

• Members

I don't quite understand that AMC jump in the demos. Has long have been consistently falling for? And when was the last time the demos jumped/by how much? Maybe it was just the buzz from GH got people tuning in to the whole line up.

• Members

The show is just as hack as it was three months ago. No better but no worse. I do wonder if killing Cane pissed some viewers off? They were a popular couple, I remember SoapNet making a huge deal out of the wedding. It was a dumb move considering that Y&R lacks many viable male characters in that age bracket.

• Members

I really don't think any one story is hurting Y&R. The weather's getting nicer, and people are less likely to stay inside to watch. It's just a natural fall, esp. when there's no big must-see event going on. And as Y&R goes, so goes B&B. I think ABC's numbers are an anomaly. GH's inflated numbers are probably due to the big wedding, and most likely AMC and OLTL just piggybacked on that. I would expect the ABC shows to take a tumble next week.

• Members

It does happen though. I remember the carnival thing on GH in September 2009, all ABC soaps rose .2 in HH's that week. That couldn't have been a coincidence as nothing majorly interesting was happening on AMC/OLTL at the time.

Archived