February 21-25, 2011

Toups

• Members

Apparently DAYS piggy backed on GH too as they rose 199,000+ viewers. LOL!

Seriously all the soaps benefited from the President's day holiday and it was a big school vacation week in certain areas which also helped.

For all that GH hit #2, it fell short of last February's Sonny shoots Dante numbers which actually broke 3 million viewers for the week and 1 million in the 18-49 demos.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just wish that AMC could build on this weeks increases and finally break the 1.0 18-49 demo for more than a week. I truly hope that ABC sticks with its 3 soap line-up as long as its in the soap business. I think it would be devastating for either fan base to lose AMC or OLTL anytime soon. But I think Y&R and B&B are in trouble. I think this is going to be the norm for them going forward. But since we got recent renewals for Days, Y&R and B&B we don't have to worry for the next couple of years.

• Members

2/1/10.......*3.....2.2.....06.....2) 1.6/09.....4) 3,051,000 Non-Holiday week

2/1/10.......*2.....1.6.....09.....2) 1,065,000 (+152,000/+037,000)

Dante/Sonny also had much more promotion. I saw the bombing commercials on cable but not to the extent I saw the shooting ones.

Except for last year and this year for most of the shows, it's usually one of Top 5 most viewed weeks of the year for each soap.

I'm surprised that OLTL barely beat AMC on such a bum weak for AMC. It (AMC) was bad.

dragon, the wedding was Tuesday. The bombing was at the end of Thursday's episode.

• Members

The Dante/Sonny showdown was built for months and was frankly far better written than this contrived, rushed S&B reunion/wedding. I do remember, the goodbye detective promos all over, too.

As for OLTL, JMO Tess/Ford and overdose of teens dragged down an otherwise good week.

• Members

I dont know how anyone can say the Dante shooting got more promotion. The S&B wedding was promoted everywhere, MB and VM have been interviewed on almost every

major media channel and show, blog. and they got a payoff. Not a surprise.

The only thing that surprises me a tad are the demos for all the soaps but especially YR at 1.3. Ouch

• Members

I don't recall MB being interviewed anywhere....The only VM interview I saw was a brief little one on Access Hollywood. And I didn't see any promos for the show on any cable networks. Whereas for Dante shooting I saw promos on networks like Hallmark ALL the time.

• Members

Really?

I'm coming at this from the perspective that I don't really watch "General Hospital" or pay too much online attention to it. Besides ABC letting out pictures, the actor chat promotion & MF's interview I didn't know about any interviews. I only saw the bombing commercial once on cable. I remember not being able to escape the shooting commercials on the network and on cable. Didn't they take the shooting promos to radio, too?

• Members

GH had some pretty heavy promo during the month of february. I seen commercials on cable nets from Tnt,abcfamily,bet,cmt,lifetime and on tvland during the second Lucci episode of hot in cleveland!LOL!

Maurice Benard and Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo had joint interviews with the abcnews affiliates/extra/ and blogtalkradio.

Vanessa did some press for Good day ny and the associatepress. And i'm sure having articles/reviews on websites like entertainment weekly along with all the soap blogs help as well. Franco's geust stint also had brief mentions in Ent tonight and the insider.

• Members

I recall, GH got 1.5 in the 18-49 women demo for Dante's shooting which was huge since GH was getting around 1.2 last year. GH is now fluctuating from 1.1 to 1.2 so 1.3 for the wedding isn't bad of a gain that key demo. It does indicate that most of the viewers who returned were over 49. This is not necessarily a bad thing if GH can keep those viewers, but it never does.

Y&R's situation is the most worrying. Where has its 18-49 women viewers gone? I don't see how it can regain this demo unless it has a miracle revival like Days did a year ago. Lucky thing Y&R was just renewed, but more budget cuts are in its future.

Archived