February 21-25, 2011

Toups

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew GH ratings would go up for Sonny/Brenda's wedding. People usually tune in for big weddings of popular couples.. Unlike what happened last week with Rylee's do-over Valentine's day wedding.

I hope OLTL had a good ratings week.. :D

• Members

While the holiday probably had something to do with it - all the ABC soaps went up so there must be some reason, especially since OLTL wasn't much different than the week before which had a drop - I do think that the years of lazy trash peddled by MAB/Rauch/Sheffer may finally be having a sustained effect on ratings. The stories are lazy and mean-spirited and poorly told, the actors are bored, and nothing ever happens.

• Members

The Bold and the Homeless effort at reality TV and PSA story telling sank the show. Yes, GH is up, but for most of the last decade B&B has carried such a strong lead that it's position as number 2 was always safe. One of these weeks I expect to see a 1.9 for Brad Bell

• Members

Y&R crashing for two straight weeks does seem very interesting to me, because for ages people have said that the poor stories at least kept the ratings up.

The volatile ratings for some of the ABC soaps also draw me in, as it's not really very healthy for a show but at least shows there is still some interest.

Archived