B&B: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
+1

I'm glad B&B still does proper closing credits even if they don't air on TV. Days placing their credits in a basic font on a black background is just lazy and cheap.

Also love how the closing credits music isn't just a repeat of the same parts of the theme music over and over again(like the atrociousness from 2004-now).

• Members

Not a fan of the shortened version of the opening that aired today. There's something about it that annoys me. I found it very choppily put together & kind of unfinished. I think it needs to be worked on, especially the beginning part.

Could be in the minority here, but I'm not exactly against the Taboo line...LOL so I'm kind of on Thomas's side on this! I like the idea of Thomas vs. Ridge...

Taylor was just unbearable today. My god, every word that came out of her mouth was just angry.gif!!

• Members

Okay, we've had the new opening for a few weeks now. My initial reaction was that I love it. I still love it, at least on its own. But there's something a bit jarring with the transition from the scene into the opening. Depending on the last scene before the opening, I find that the opening will take me completely out of the moment and I don't think an opening should do that. I think it is the clapping. I mean, you'll have an intense scene and then you here that da da da (which works), but then the clapping. I know I'm being nit-picky, but I find it kind of weird. Like are they applauding Hope crying or Amber falling over the cliff or Hunter Tylo trying her darndest to make her face move? :lol:

• Members

I loved her and loved Stephanie joining her to team up against Brooke. That is CLASSIC B&B. I got sick of the kumbaya, Steph and Brooke as best friends crap. Stephanie should be judging her and Brooke should be a dissapointment. Some things shouldnt change. Taylor did come across stupid, but was ridiculously hilarious at the same time. I liked it.

Team Ridge here. Thomas is coming across as a brat. When he said that Brooke's been married to his dad, uncle Thorne and grandpa Eric, I wish he had also said uncle Nick, but I guess he doesnt consider Nick family.

Oh and Madison...what the hell is she doing? She deserves to be fired for this stunt.

I get that too. I love the opening but dont think it goes well with the show at all. Its just soooo high quality and well the show looks like crap. The show needs to be broadcast in HD and widescreen now and they need some new sets and better lighting. The transition, as you said is jarring

• Members

I watched parts of today show...I dont know why -_-

Nu Thomas sucks ass. The actor makes Ronn Moss look like an Oscar winner. They sure did hire someone who is just as bad or worse than Ronn Moss at acting.

The whole Brooke/Thomas kiss.....boring....so sick of Brooke and her many men while Ridge stands by her for the millionth time.

• Members

I think I'm starting to be Team Thomas. Yes, he's acting like an entitled punk. But, he's right---Ridge played the field, slept with his brother's wife, kissed Brooke while she was married to Eric, etc. etc. etc. At least he's working...all I ever see Steffy do is push papers around.

And frankly, I'm glad Thomas nailed Taylor to the wall today. She can whitewash it all she wants, but in the end, she's more concerned about having Steph in her corner and hoping to get Ridge back than supporting her SON.

• Members

lol!!

Unless that "da da da" melody (which I LOVE) comes on before it, I agree it does not transition well at all!

And I see what you're saying about the clapping. I said this before, lol but my problem with it is how it just starts up and then goes away like 7 seconds in. The fashion show is still going on and people stop clapping?? What?? Then it just makes a comeback at the tail end. I think it would be better if they got rid of the clapping all together. In the version TV guide got the exclusive on, there is no clapping and I think that works a lot better. We can just imagine that there's clapping going on instead of there actually being clapping and it disappearing and coming back towards the end. If ANY of that makes sense ph34r.gif

Completely disagree! I love Adam Gregory as Thomas, I think he's doing great and he's like the spitting image of Ron Moss...great casting by B&B IMO ;-)

I always see people say Ron Moss is bad. I actually disagree, I don't think he's as bad as people say. I think he's quite good actually..

ITA!!

• Members

The nuThomas is a strange actor, but I think his type fits well on this show. I like that it's a combination of Y&R and the ridiculousness and pretty actors that NBC has. It's just a weird hybrid soap. I thought Drew Tyler Bell was a much better actor, but he wasn't compelling to watch. This guy is fun in a strange Ronn Moss sort of way.

• Members

+ 1;

thing is IF you have story on B&B you need to be eyecandy material as a male. Sooner or later you will land on the backburner and only if you were somewhat buzzworthy you ever get a storyline again.

Writing for Taylor is pure character suicide. She could spout all her garbage but the show completely ignores that she is a psychologist. Kinda like when they dumbed down Bridget Forrester M.D. last fall for no apparent reason but lazy scriptwriting. Even when characters pulled 180° turns, the writers used to factor in that Taylor is a psycho doc and tried to make her case at least somewhat plausible with some mumba-jumba. Now it's just painful to listen to...

• Members

I am enjoying Adam's Gregory's version Thomas. I think his Thomas is like a young Ridge, he looks like Ridge and like he really could be Ridge's/Taylor son. (Steffy looks like she could really be their kid too) I think he's handsome and fun. I can understand when some people say there are some question marks behind his character and wonder what some of his intentions really are(like with his pursuit of Dayzee and how he handled things with Brooke). But hopefully the writers will flesh him out more, and we'll get more insight into his character.

Archived