Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thanks!! I forgot that Michael lingered a lot longer than I remembered, and any time I’ve rewatched the Miles & Margaret story Danny feels like he’s gone already but I clearly also remember the show making a big deal of Danny going to Broadway lol. A clever story twist I thought. 

May and June 1993 was such an explosive  whirlwind time period for the show it’s hard to keep up. Even in that 5/7/93 we’re getting the notorious birthday party setup.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was just thinking that as much as we have talked about Y&R being a more gothic show, they almost never acknowledged Halloween during the classic years. It wasn't until the 90s that I can remember they might have shown little Noah or Daniel briefly in costume in an otherwise normal episode. Even the famous masquerade ball in 1991 was set early in October. Only in the mid-2000s and on did they start making a bigger deal of it and having costume parties for the adults, but the show already was starting to look cheap then.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I might be wrong but based on recaps I remember reading it wasn’t till October 2000, Halloween was mentioned as being celebrated. I think i remember reading Victor took Nick, Sharon and Cassie and Noah on a nighttime plane ride called the “magic broomstick” 

I think MAB started making Halloween more of a Regular Thing on the show in 2008 or 2009 and the other writers just followed suit…I know B&B started celebrating Halloween late as well cause they’d have those stupid Big Brother guest stars during their celebrations. 

• Members

I looked into the 90s episodes (we don't have all of them) and I think the first one is when Danny takes Daniel trick or treating in 1996! Daniel starts feeling sick, and I guess it leads into the meningitis storyline. There's also a brief clip of Cassie in costume in 1998. And in 1999, Lynn, Marissa, and Diane dress up for a 70s party. 

Makes me wonder if Lorie and Leslie ever fought about who could take Brooks trick or treating...

• Members

Hey guys! this is YRfan23! I got a new computer, and I couldn't sign into my YRfan23 account, because I guess I lost the loggin info, but somehow, I got reverted back to my original username from 2010...This is very frustrating since I'm already established as YRfan23, but I figured I'd let everyone on here know now, so there's no confusion 

• Members

I've heard that Sony asks for very high licensing fees for the foreign broadcasts, which is  why Y&R isn't in as many countries as B&B. I really doubt they would allow it to be streamed for free just for the ad revenue like B&B does (I'm shocked B&B even does that considering foreign companies like Videoland and Cala Classics are willing to pay). It sucks because you would think that Sony owning it would make it more likely for Y&R to get streamed somewhere since they have to make all kinds of streaming deals for their movies and shows which you would think would make this more of a possibility. I guess we just have to hope that Days eventually releases classic episodes on Peacock and it's successful enough for them to consider it for Y&R.

• Members

Ahhh. Very interesting information. I’m definitely not holding my breath for Sony to ever release the episodes in any capacity. That’s why I always hope and pray for a Y&R angel to appear in the form of a human and gift us with full episodes from the first decade of the show…especially the late 70’s and early 80’s because that’s the most sought after (well, at least for me LOL) era of the show. That’s probably our only hope of ever seeing those “lost era” episodes. It’s just finding those who have them, or them finding us.