Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

And she kept having those fake out fantasies of telling Paul the truth and him being killed. Much of it seemed so odd, since Paul's father was a police officer and Paul was a detective, Shawn probably shouldn't have had such a hold on her.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know what you mean. Still, it was nice to finally see everything in between the call and the fight at last. I think the only other Sheila/Lauren full episodes I want to see are the Jacuzzi fight/Scott's death on B&B and Sheila taking Lauren hostage at the apartment.

Edited by Y&R21395

• Members

haha as much as I have enjoyed collecting Y&R episodes with Sheila that have been exclusive, most of my wish list of full Sheila/Lauren episodes are the ones that have been posted on youtube for years, like Aliehslive's clips.....I'm glad I was able to get all those February 1993 episodes with Sheila revealing herself to Lauren, as well as other dates I've had for a while now that  have clips of Sheila from Aliehslive, like her hiding in the closet and listening to Lauren and Scott arguing......I still want the lab fight and yes the full episodes of Sheila kidnapping Lauren....also the ones where she came back to G.C before Catalina to reveal to Scott she was alive....LOL Aliehs does such a great job of editing out the other character's scenes in her clips that you just become so curious as to what everyone else was doing that day.......it's still kind of fun how oblivious the other G.C residents were of Sheila back in those days....haha

I think the full catalina clips with Scott dying use to be on here, but it's been a while, and I don't think I ever really saw Scott dying to be honest......I have episodes from November 1993 where Lauren and Cricket are mourning him with Paul there for comfort......The show never really made a big thing out of Scott's death and I think Lauren got over it rather quickly......

• Members

haha I do wish more B&B from 1992-1998 was available. Oh well, maybe one day. It is consolation enough to find a lot of them on YT even if they aren't in English. 

I do love the storylines that tend to lean more towards the outside of the traditional Y&R realm. That was one of the pros of that whole Pheila thing, getting to hear everybody from Victor to Katherine mention Sheila by name.

Was it Peter Barton's decision to depart the role of Scott, or just a creative decision from the writers? His death didn't bother me until re-watching the 2005 episodes and seeing all the flashbacks, I do wish he was around to see all the anarchy that Sheila caused.

• Members

I honestly feel guilty cause I promise myself I would try to get some B&B episodes, especially 1992-1993 episodes, but I haven't taken action with that promise yet LOL.....the B&B episodes I do have came from some of the Y&R dvds I have......I think sometimes  watching some of the 1992-1993 Y&R episodes having to do with Sheila, then being able to watch that same day's B&B episode right after, would make it feel more complete.....I have seen a little of the episodes from 91-94 dubbed in German, but I also wish the English ones were available.

I do agree about getting to see the other core characters finally react to Sheila during the Pheila thing, but the thing is that as much as it would've been cool if the entire Y&R cast  was under Sheila's thumb like almost everyone was on B&B, it would probably make it less interesting, and the fact not everyone in town knew of her and interacted with her gave it more of a mysterious aura of that made sense.....you kind of see that more whenever she crosses back over from B&B to Y&R, I guess cause though Sheila had grown very popular of course during her original 1990-1992 run, the farmhouse then crossing over to B&B IMO is what put her on Iconic Villainess status which seemed to be proven how quickly the core B&B people got involved with her (and I know smaller cast was a factor but still) so it just becomes more interesting that after months of settling at B&B while causing chaos, she crosses back over to Y&R where other then Lauren, all the other characters are just minding their own business totally unaware of the great evil that has surfaced again........haha I know this all sounds a little bizarre, but I hope I made a point LOL....

I think Peter Barton/Scott was written out, I read that Bell thought that Sheila/Lauren had gotten so popular that Scott dying wouldn't hurt them......I agree that it would've been nice if he stuck around and after divorcing Lauren got with another woman on the show......I always thought Scott/Ashley would have been a nice pairing as they are both scientists in some regards, plus on the July 4th 1993 Abbott Pool Party episode I just got, in one scene you see Scott and Ashley playing with Scotty in the background so I think she would have been a good stepmother for him (especially with Brenda Epperson still in the role) .

• Members

No. No, it wasn't. Stop it. Stop. :P That's like saying, "the good thing about that cancer is..." Pheila was and is one of THE worst, most disgusting, things the show has ever done (and it has A LOT of competition) and nothing connected to or about it is good.

Not to mention, it REALLY wasn't needed for all of Genoa City to know about her.

That is more the type of villainess that would suit DAYS or OLTL. That wasn't Y&R's style. It made sense on B&B because it was a much smaller cast and, basically, all about one family, but Sheila walking in and terrorizing the likes of an entire city that includes Katherine Chancellor and Victor Newman would quickly turn cartoonish and over the top. Like, what possible reason would Sheila have to get involved with those people? She didn't go after money or power or ice machines. She just wanted some good peen and that bitch Lauren stood in her way. And that's what makes her so terrifying -- she did it all for love, for a baby. Bring her into this bigger orbit and suddenly she's putting bombs in Newman Towers and--oh, wait.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, as I said one thing I loved about Sheila was she wasn't at the core of Y&R's realm. I loved that mysterious factor about her. I think it would have annoyed me to no end though after Lauren's supposed death on that yacht brought the whole town together that they wouldn't be aware of the woman responsible for it to an extent. Good god, I'm actually admitting I enjoyed something LML did, I take it back :3

hahaha Yes, yes it was pretty awful and embarrassing to watch, I wouldn't dare disagree on that one :P

• Members

LOL, well let's be real if Sheila bombed Newman Towers....with Victor inside, I think the town would have rewarded her with total freedom :D (at least the Abbotts would) 

Yes it was a smart decision for Sheila to stay in the place she was during her time at Y&R.....at least her interactions roped in some other players occasionally like Olivia, Danny,Cricket, and John SIlva, and plus she was part of the Masquerade Ball with everyone in town, showing that she wasn't totally isolated even if her initial story was....

what's funny is that unlike Stephanie on B&B I'm almost certain that Katherine would have probably liked Sheila, as would Victor......Cricket seemed to get along very well with her too from the brief interactions they had when they were both in-law's for a short time......That's why I'm glad they never really played on Cricket's reaction to knowing how Sheila tricked her brother.....even if she was too busy with Michael at the time.....

I feel like the 2005 stuff in all honesty seemed to but all the blame on Tom for everything that happen including the boat explosion....I know everyone realized it was Sheila eventually but they didn't really seem to know her part it any of what happen (I guess other then the Brenda and Jennifer disguises) I will probably have to watch the episodes, but I'm kind of shocked that Cricket who had some part in the story didn't once give mention to Sheila as that was her sister in law for a time...

• Members

Here's an episode I never posted yet from September 20,1990

I don't know if some of you guys remember, but I had only the first few seconds of this episode that came on after the 9/19/90 episode, but it turns out the full episode was available after all which I was happy to get!

• Members

Your welcome! :) sadly no Sheila Present, which is always kind of a bummer but still a rare find, as I said I didn't realize the full episode was actually available....

I still want those May-July 1990 episodes with Sheila too....they have to be out there LOL

ugh those episodes might be depressing to watch :(  I can't believe it's now been 10 years.....that's gotta mean something now right?

• Members

Still holding out for those 1990 episodes too. Although, I'm pretty intrigued by Shawn and Lauren's storyline now. I know I've seen a clip of her being abducted in a cab, but that's about it.

Oh, I know what you mean. Certainly doesn't feel like ten years. I was holding out that some of those rumours of Kimberlin's return may have been true, I was hoping around Michael and Lauren's ten year anniversary in December they may start alluding to her return with flashbacks like in 2005. Can you imagine them trying to explain that Pheila thing? I hope to god GT isn't subjected to having to recreate any of those scenes.