Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I believe I at least saw one although I actually do remember watching the story when it first originally aired as well. Cast and Reeves did an exceptional job with it but I felt it was also so unfair to give Nina another "woe is me" story as opposed to something positive for a change like having a baby. She certainly deserved happiness for a change. 

In the big picture both of Nikki's miscarriages lead to bigger storylines in the long run that may or may not have happened otherwise. Don't know about Braeden's influence but there's been a long standing myth of a "Jack can't have kids" clause given the number of miscarriages(5) and paternity fakeouts(3, maybe 4) Jack has been through with Keemo and Kyle being the two exceptions. 

I feel if John Abbott III have indeed lived on by the time Victor and Nikki eventually remarried they probably would have done a story of him preferring his stepfather Victor over Jack and fall under Victor's influence permanently. 

• Members

I can dig through my archives if you wanna see the episodes....LOL 

I know Ryan was a bit of a sleaze but I hate how this show or any soaps no longer have characters that are like him.....basically the guy with the shady past that eventually becomes a decent guy but has always been (or at least tried to be) a decent guy....Reeves (like most of Bell's finds back in the day) was IMO a special type of casting for the show....that may sound weird but oh well.....

Was that Bergman's clause? It would explain alot......guh why must writers let the actors do all the dictating...I would not have any of that if I worked on a soap....

I do kind of like the idea of Jack's son with Nikki being more fond of Victor.....it would be no different then young Nicholas being more fond of Jack back then....

• Members

I'd love to see them if it is possible!! ^_^ Ryan was more similar to Brad in a way except lacking the extra sleaze and sarcasm that made Brad memorable. 

Not sure if it was Bergman's clause or not or had started under Lester. Of course in the '80s it seemed that pregnancy on Y&R often resulted in disaster anyways: Patty's miscarriage, Patty being the cause behind Traci's miscarriage with Tim Sullivan's kid, Jill's miscarriage, Faren's abrupt miscarriage, Lauren's miscarriage while buried alive, Ashley's abortion, and Traci's miscarriage in the wake of Brad's disappearance. 

I figured as much a character like John III/Jack Jr. would be more like Victor and hence a rival to Nick than anything else. I actually almost wish Stephen Lassiter and Ashley would have had a kid together just so Ashley would have had another kid. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Thanks for both eps! B)

Loved the high tension between Dru, Neil, and Olivia in the first one along with the aftermath of Victoria being Miss September. 

The second I was more fascinated with the fallout of Jill's infamous Bday party disaster along with Mari Jo vs. Ashley more so than Nina's story. 

• Members

No Problem! :) There's actually 6 and a half episodes ( I say that cause one only has the second half available LOL) in total from both playlists so make sure you watch the others too....

I'm actually a little upset the episodes didn't include Jill's party......they literally end an episode talking about the preparations and it jumps ahead a few days to the fallout on October 3....

• Members

Jill's birthday party was up on YT a couple years ago to it's full extent but I'm quite sure it's probably been taking down. It was so lovely to see again from Jill's car being stolen while sleeping with Jed and having to cough an explanation quite to the amusement of Mamie to Nikki confiding her feelings for Jed to Katherine at the same moment Jill and Jed did as much oral as the censors allowed to Mamie giving Jill hell over breakfast with Mamie simply responding "Soon you will be doomed Jill". 

Even here, it was hilarious that Mamie adamantly ignored Jill's request in that Jill had to pour her own coffee. Jill had obviously severely underestimated Mamie of just being John's version of Esther, 

• Members

*Patty* caused Traci's first miscarriage?? How did this happen? I love this thread because it reveals so many little details that we usually don't read about in general synopses...

And OMG @ Lauren's while buried alive - that must have been totally gruesome to watch!

• Members

LOL I was probably rambling a little, but wow that's cool! :) I'm at least glad Reeves is back into acting.....I can see him guest starring on shows like Finding Carter, Teen Wolf etc...

It's a shame that someone like Tricia Cast isn't at least playing someone's mom in one of those shows, even if she's too good for those....IMO

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

So I just skimmed through that Finding Carter episode Reeves guest starred in.....not really a role that you can do much with (is he suppose to be back for more episodes?) but It's funny how I always thought in recent years he could pull off playing an abusive deadbeat dad part now, which is what he was here (maybe it's how he looks now)....but it was fun getting to see him in the midst of all the "hot" young stars on the show, especially Jackson Rathbone.....

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Traci had her first go around with Tim Sullivan who was still married at the time and ended up pregnant and convinced Danny to claim to be the father and marry her. Patty, who was still recovering from her mental illness was in love with Danny. Well Patty was so upset with Danny marrying Traci that she confronted Traci and the two got into a big argument which lead to Patty pushing Traci down a staircase leading to a miscarriage. The story ended up being Patty's exit story as an angry Danny chased her out of town. 

Lauren's was bad as she had been kidnapped by her fan club president Shawn Garrett who was obsessed with her and forced her to go to San Francisco with him. The clips I have seen are pretty dark for Lauren's being buried alive. 

Edited by soapfan770