The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The best stuff is clearly the Rick, Carl, Michonne stuff. The rest of the episode didn't do a thing for me. And I know many love Glenn and Maggie, they are the love story I guess, but I'm just not into them anymore.

The one thing about this show that bugs me is continuity and that so much of what they start in one episode is not carried forward to the next and sometimes is several weeks before it's revisited. And by that time I find I lose interest a lot.The stuff with Tyrese, Carol, Judith, the girls should have been touched on yesterday. Heck even Daryl and Beth (I think that's her name) should have gotten something.

And while I really like Rick, his escapes from death just keep getting harder and harder to believe but I don't think the show can really afford to get rid of him at this point. I think Michonne has the ability to step in and take over as the main protagonist at some point if they keep the momentum up with her, but she's not there yet.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I just couldn't stop thinking about how ridiculous Rosita looked walking around in daisy dukes and midriff shirts. How stupid do you have to be to expose that much skin in a world where your priority is to not get bitten? When she started walking after Glenn it was like Zombie Apocalypse Fashion Week.

• Members

To me that's a clear example of a part of the audience they are trying to appeal to. It's ridiculous and she looked like a 1960's hot pants model.

I am getting the sense I am going to lose interest at some point again this season as I did last season with the over focus on the governor story then. I don't really understand the pacing and continuity issues this show seems to have consistently since I think season 2 or 3. But I guess it must just be me because the ratings for the show are consistently strong.

• Members

The best thing to happen to the carl character is michonne she makes him less annoying.

I'm already losing interest in this show especially with the Daryl and Beth only episode next. EK is the worst actress on the show the kids are better. And Daryl has become so boring and predictable due to the show writing him as every fangirls/ boys wet dream.

The show only has 4 episode to go after the ugh daryl episode rumour is he's actually getting 2

In which they have to cover all the open stories like the r

at feeder.

Carol & Tyreese killer arc.

Lizzie killing the bunnies

Bob serect box

the killings in the houses

The groups meeting up again

Plus there are characters who need development

i'm really pissed of the lack of Carol she going away in episode 4 comes back in episode 10 for 3 minutes then disappears again until i hope episode 12

• Members

Apparently that was a shoutout to her character in the comics (which I haven't read). I hope it was just a one time thing and eventually they'll start dressing her appropriately.

I'm going to reserve judgment on Darryl and Beth. After all, I never thought there would come a time I found Carl tolerable but that's all about Michonne.

• Members

I don't know to me there was always potential with Michonne because of the character and the actress. I don't get the Daryl fascination, although I know he has a ton of tans, but Beth? I guess it's not fair to judge since they really haven't done much with her up to this point.

So far the only solo episode that has worked IMO has been the first one of the season with the focus on Carl, Rick, and Michonne. All the rest going back to when the series started just haven't clicked for me. But I am likely an exception.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I like Daryl because he is a damn good anchor, his arms are magnificent and the man looks hella sexy with that crossbow! Norman Reedus is not a good looking man, and I wouldn't let him touch me with a 10 foot pole, but he is enjoyable to watch in this role. Daryl is not a leader, but I will be damned if he wasn't in the trenches w/me if I were the leader.

However, an eppy with Beth only as she writes in her diary and sings negro spirituals? No thank you!

• Members

I thought the show did a good job making this suspenseful. They kept cutting away to other stories and the scenes with Rick, until a longer portion after he got out from under the bed, were very short.

I was much more bored by everything with Abraham and Daisy Duke and that idiot with the mullet. Mullet doesn't = hilarious. I'm not sure why this is used to replace personality. And the man was mumbling like Grady.

• Members

Compared to something like Tyreese being swarmed by walkers and being unscathed, I thought this was believable enough.

To me it's not about affording to get rid of Rick, it's that I don't see a reason to. Andrew Lincoln's a great actor who always goes all out and has good chemistry with most other actors on the show. Rick's not a genius and not the best leader, but he has a big heart, and when they don't go back to the crazy well too many times, he's a fascinating character. I love his relationship with Michonne and I love that he is a flawed man, one who expresses his emotions, instead of being yet another "snarky," pouting "anti-hero" who spends all his time shooting people in the head and then brooding in closeup to remind us of what a victim he is.

• Members

I think Daryl worked best early on as the live wire of the group. Once he became the rock, I lost interest. All the shipping wars over the character didn't help, nor do his fans who act like he's the only good thing on the show. I do think Norman's a good actor.

Beth - I like her. I like that someone is in this world and isn't an awesome automatic killer. I like that she tries to keep her emotions in check but is still a scared young girl. I don't think she needs a lot of airtime, but I like her. I think she adds something different to the group. There's this idea that the only people who survive horrible catastrophes are BAMF ninja warriors, and that's often not true.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Carl is still an annoying little twit. I see he's not going anywhere. My boyfriend hates him even more than I do. I like the actress who plays Michonne. Seeing her bond with Rick and even Carl is nice to see.

Abraham is hideous and such a ham. All the hype about him makes me so sick. And anyone who has a mullet needs a good round housing. Revolting!

I liked Rick last night for the first time in a long time.

I heard about "more Daryl, less Carl". Yes please! Norman Reedus isn't a master thespian but even on his worst day he acts circles around Chandler Riggs. And I agree Reedus isn't attractive... Lol

Can't wait to see Carol again! And I still don't think she killed Karen or David.