DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

A few promos (I know these were probably already around, I just made videos of the clips in case they weren't) 

May 1988 - Patch and Kayla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHHK-ditKEg

July 1985 (doubled with AW promo) - Marlena and a new love (I'm not sure who that is actually)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqfmO292yC4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Watching some of these old clips that are back up on Youtube from around the time of the possession, I'm reminded that what seemed to make this period work as well as it did was the sincerity behind it, even if effects, performances, etc. may have been cheesy. It's something that faded by the end of JER 1.0 and was all but gone for the second run. This Jaime and Sami scene is a good example.

• Members

Jaime Lyn Bauer as always all over the map from surprisingly decent to hilariously bad in one scene...

Speaking of hilariously bad - Austin Peck. And I'd forgotten how much unintended sexual chemistry he and Bryan Datillo used to have. For years I kept wondering if they would have a closet gay story for Lucas. I would have bought it (more than I did Will most of the time).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So many fond memories of lazy Saturday afternoons watching this stuff! I have a feeling Reilly got away with much more than would ever be thought possible at that time. And I will always be amused at the weird freezeframe effects. I would look forward to seeing what new sh!t they'd come up with for each ending.

• Members

As someone who watched DOOL during the Bell/Falken-Smith years, when it was a well-written, nuanced, adult drama, watching it turned into such atrocious, embarrassing crap was just painful. I have no problem with this sort of material being presented on shows which were created and designed for it, but DOOL was NOT one of them. It's like watching the Great Gazoo descending upon Downton Abbey, impregnating Mary with semen from an alien race, turning Matthew into a serial-killing transvestite, and having Maggie Smith masturbating dwarves for extra cash in the barn.

UGH!