As The World Turns Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Absolutely. She had her flaws, but she had a very tough road, both for her gender and for the battle she fought against the corporate suffocation and censorship that ultimately consumed and killed the genre. 

I agree that no one who was at the show in its later years should be writing scripts (maybe Richard and Carolyn Culliton...).

Also, perhaps Meredith Post? Susan Bedsow-Horgan?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Absolutely. She had her flaws, but she had a very tough road, both for her gender and for the battle she fought against the corporate suffocation and censorship that ultimately consumed and killed the genre. 

I agree that no one who was at the show in its later years should be writing scripts (maybe Richard and Carolyn Culliton...).

Richard was actually doing a decent job as temp HW after Marland passing. Unfortunately, he was replaced with hack writers.

13 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Susan Bedsow-Horgan?

I so wanted her to return after Marland passing as HW. She would've been my first choice followed by Millie Taggert.

3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I so wanted her to return after Marland passing as HW. She would've been my first choice followed by Millie Taggert.

SBH would've been a great choice--she was on the writing staff before and during Marland's tenure so she would've known just about all of the characters that were on that canvas after Marland's passing. 

I sense that the bean-counting executives at P&G were not going to hand over the HW reigns to a woman, not until the bitter end, which is what essentially ended up happening.

If only the U.S.gave a damn. That's nice to see....

Eld1GIvWMAApiQb.jpeg

Someone who rewatched it or saw the recording of it uploaded the first min of the show....This was best seen on your tv not computer IMO

Edited by Soapsuds
On 10/29/2020 at 11:21 AM, DramatistDreamer said:

Susan Bedsow-Horgan?

I know Jennifer Crutchfield from Retro TV has had some contact with SBH re: her husband Patrick having been on TD. When Jennifer was trying to get cast members together from that show for the Retro TV specials, Patrick Horgan was one of the people on her list. Keep in mind this was pre-pandemic. Susan told Jennifer that Patrick wasn't up to it - partly because he is 91 and partly because he still has unhappy memories of how he was treated and then fired by Joe Stuart. But since Jennifer and Retro TV have been working in tandem with The Locher Room putting the chats with TD cast members together, hopefully she will ask Susan if she would take part in any future writer/producer chats. She worked in both capacities for ATWT and OLTL

50 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

I know Jennifer Crutchfield from Retro TV has had some contact with SBH re: her husband Patrick having been on TD. When Jennifer was trying to get cast members together from that show for the Retro TV specials, Patrick Horgan was one of the people on her list. Keep in mind this was pre-pandemic. Susan told Jennifer that Patrick wasn't up to it - partly because he is 91 and partly because he still has unhappy memories of how he was treated and then fired by Joe Stuart. But since Jennifer and Retro TV have been working in tandem with The Locher Room putting the chats with TD cast members together, hopefully she will ask Susan if she would take part in any future writer/producer chats. She worked in both capacities for ATWT and OLTL

ATWT, I read, had already had a writer's livestream and it didn't include her. The writers that were included, I had no interest in hearing from.

3 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

The problem with the Doctors reunions is the fact the panelists all didn't work together.  

I've noticed they are the least watched reunions.

6 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

The problem with the Doctors reunions is the fact the panelists all didn't work together.  

Yes. As great as it is to see everyone, it would be better to do chats with people from different eras of the show who were on at the same time. There would be a more cohesive flow.

I know Trent Dawson isn't too popular here, but this is a little promo he did for Dutch fans recently.

4 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I know Trent Dawson isn't too popular here, but this is a little promo he did for Dutch fans recently.

I've never had a problem with Trent...his character, 'Henry (Fool)' on the other hand...

an indie film reference, couldn't help myself. Shout out to Parker Posey on that one.

January 15, 1992. Picture quality isn't great. But it's watchable.  Sound has issues but it's audible. The Caroline Crawford murder mystery ploughs on. As does baby Aaron's paternity.

Edited by victoria foxton
20 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

January 15, 1992. Picture quality isn't great. But it's watchable.  Sound has issues but it's audible. The Caroline Crawford murder mystery ploughs on. As does baby Aaron's paternity.

Now I know why I stopped watching ATWT and just kept to GL. The show is so morose and wooden here.  Marland really lost his "spark" from the start of his run which balanced some camp, family storylines, business, young love. The era is personified by Iva..morose and bland.