As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Locher is a nice facilitator and all, but he seems to have predominantly worked on the show and/or for P&G in their dog days and his handling of these things seems very hamstrung by that happy talk express. I appreciate his bringing these things together but I too have tired of how he tries to handle these sessions like they're still required to be kind about the hacks who ran these shows into the ground just because he worked for/with them.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Both your and the post a month ago had given me the impression there was more explicit knowledge that she would have harsh things to say. I mean, the way they treated her was BS but so was other veterans and it wasn't speculated other veterans would "spill T".

So I thought I had missed some fiery interview or something and I was interested. If it is just speculation based on the fact they didn't treat her very well, then: indeed they didn't but I hope we get to hear in an interview, spilling T or just sharing her experience like many of the other actors have, including some that were mistreated by TPTB over the years.
She is a wonderful actress.

• Members

Sorry if you misunderstood my post, as I never meant to give the impression that Tune would 'spill tea'-- that's not even my impression of her. From what I remember of previous interviews that she has done for other media outlets, she doesn't strike me as the type of person who would willingly go on a platform to have to censor her thoughts mince words just to make the host feel comfortable. I believe that is what I posted.  Also, I was not the person who posted that Tune said no, just to be clear.

It's not just about Tune , btw. I have yet to see any Black actors who appeared on ATWT on any of Alan's livestream reunions and I am wondering why that is. It seems odd to me.

• Members

Why not the 1st episode of ATWT?  

@DramatistDreamer, I am curious about why no AA cast mates from ATWT yet as well.  Though if TT is honest and doesn't want to be censored..I could see why she would opt to decline.

Alan seems to freak out if one of the stars speaks up about scandal..his face during Susan Pratt's rants were priceless...and he freaked when Denise Pence mentioned the Zaslow firing.  So I'm sure if TT is honest..he might not like what she has to say.

• Members

The episode with Susan Pratt was great. I get the impression that he doesn't know as much about GL so he is less likely to preemptively censor or steer the reunions away from controversial topics or what he perceived as controversial.  He can rest assured, TT is busy directing these days.

• Members

As for the staged reading, I agree-- why the last episode? A month late too. A Thanksgiving episode would have at least been more interesting.

How many characters actually appeared in the final episode? It seemed like such a small number. The last episode?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wow, what a difference when the storyline, acting and video/audio quality are all top-notch! 

That YouTube channel usually has some grainy grainy episodes (I still appreciated then since most were posted nowhere else), so I admit my surprise at seeing episodes posted in such pristine audio and video quality.

It takes my breath away to see all the future Emmy, Oscar and Tony awards winning actors in just one storyline alone. ATWT had such an incredibly strong roster of talent during that time.

It just seemed to fit, lol.