As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

No need to apologize at all; it is on me that I took it to mean more than what you were saying. I am not going to lie: I love BTS gossip and I was excited at the thought since she *did* get screwed over which was doubly weird considering she had also a primetime career so you would have thought they'd try to capitalize on it. 
But she is a pro so you're right. She probably wouldn't.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's a moot point to focus on Tamara Tunie at this point since she's unlikely to have any time for Alan's podcast now since she recently signed on to direct a musical. My original point had to do with the absence of Black actors from ATWT appearing on Alan's livestream and how odd it is. Tunie is one of a number of actors who fits the bill. I mentioned her because she was probably the longest running and likely one of the final Black actors to regularly appear on that show, which is pretty sad, imo.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Autocorrect is a boor.

• Members

So many fantastic episodes to choose from in the show's history and this is what they choose??

I'd want to select an episode that either hadn't been seen in a long time or at least one that would leave fans wanting more and wondering when the next reading would be. Courtroom episodes usually provide great seated drama, without the need for much physical action. When Paul or Barbara went on trial for James Stenbeck's supposed killing. Or even further back in the show's history. Not everyone needs to play the exact role they had on the show.

• Members

As you said, the premiere would have been a nice idea. Or one of the 30th anniversary episodes, if they wanted to use a large cast.

I don't want to be ungrateful, it's wonderful to see these legends again...but...that was not an episode to go out on.

• Members

It's not like they went out with a bang. They went out with a whimper. It's like they're celebrating the death of the show. Why would they want to celebrate and remember when the show was at its worst? I don't get it. It's not like a prime time show that decided to end their own run and go out in style. 

• Members

I think someone is thinking strictly in terms of parts for each actor as their character, rather than a good overall script, which is unfortunate. This also seems like someone wants to showcase the most recent characters (hello Liberty and Juicy Janet

Please register in order to view this content

) while providing enough vets to appeal to longtime fans of the show. 

Unfortunately, this also has the effect of looking like a one and done initiative, instead of an opportunity to reconnect with fans of the show and re-build a relationship with fans. Hate to say that it also screams "cash grab" for Trent's theater organization, which, like many theaters, may be in a financial bind right now.

• Members

What a truly lovely idea. And for a great cause. It's a benefit for Trent's theater company right here in the Hudson Valley. The final episode is the perfect episode for him to choose because it features all his friends and the people he knew and loved (and we all did - those of us who are actually fans of As The World Turns and didn't just hate-watch it after 1975.) I've made my donation and, along with many others, will be watching with glee and fond memories of the show, actors, and characters that I loved for so many years.

• Members

Would P&G allow them to write a new script with an "episode" following up in present day. Bob and Kim missed their family and friends (plus, its do dull without a kidnapping a week) so they move back..what are Tom and Margo doing, etc. Lucinda and John bickering..and they would have a good reason why Fulton is not partcipating..."I had an email from Lisa...she and Grant are sheltering in place in the South of France and loving it!" That why they could dump Juicy Janet and Liberty dullness.