Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With no Kirk around , Marcy gone and Frannie going into her big story I can see why they felt he had run his course. Again, I wish they didn't take all of Lisa's step family and hanger ons away from her. She lost Diana, Kirk, Jay, Marcy and soon to be Brian in a short time..I liked her heading up a weird but somehow functional step family and misfit home to give some color to a canvas full of Hughes and Snyders. Marland did keep her as the protectress of all the bad girls coming to Oakdale but it never was "fun" they were always hiding babies and things.

• Members

Talking about losing characters early....

Was there ever a story for why Neal was written off so fast? I mean I know ppl said MKA only wanted to stay short-term but it feels so weird they would build up this big story of her being Lucinda's sister while building an unknowing rapport with her and then would kill her before we got some closure on that? That can't possibly have been the plan all along... 

• Members

Maybe I mentioned this before (ironically, I had been watching Guiding Light episodes from 1994) but ATWT in 1994 truly looked like a show/set in mourning.  The hair and makeup looks so severe and with a few exceptions, the wardrobe choices look so drab and dour-- it's not just the color palette but even the fit of most of the clothes (a lot of shapeless, formless, boxy garments).  The garish lighting and set pieces (the new Fashions looks awful) is another matter.

• Members

On a day like today with a somber spirit hanging in the air, it would've been such a relief to have been able to watch a rare classic episode--one that isn't posted on YouTube and perhaps hadn't been seen in years to be able to immerse myself in-- which was what channels like 'it's a long story' and 'bandstandmike' were doing and one has been severely diminished, while the other has completely vanished...just when I could have used them the most.

All because people had to hate on a couple of innocuous YouTube channels posting episodes from 25-30+ years ago. SMH.

• Members

Everything daytime drama-related on YouTube has gotten so stale. Like I said before, "bandstandmike" and "it's a long story" were the only channels that were posting episodes that hadn't been posted elsewhere, that I hadn't seen in a long time, if ever. The rest offer nothing that I haven't already seen.

The Locher Room needs to come through with something better than that. Maybe Alan is simply not up to task but I'd love to see some podcast try to get Ming-Na Wen and Lea Salonga to do a livestream about their time portraying Lien Hughes. That at least, would be something fresh!  There are so many connections between the two actresses, they have also been Mulan for Disney and a live action version of Mulan was due to come out this year (but has been delayed due to coronavirus).