Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just watched this episode (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVwS_vhr1HE) and I have a few questions. I've never seen an episode between the Hughes wedding and Holden jumping out of the hayloft, so I'm trying to find my bearing in this era.

- Who is the girl with Lily and Shannon? Seems to be a friend of Lily's?

- Towards the end of the episode, the aforemenioned girl danced with a friend of Dusty's? I think I heard Robbie, but the audio is not great.

- Who were the two guys causing trouble at the party? I know Harrison Blake and Hank MacPherson were both involved in the Dusty/Lily storyline at this time, but not sure if either of those guys is either of those characters?

- The guy on the plane next to Marcy... is he just a random extra? Or does he have a more significant role? I think he says his name in the beginning, but I can't make it out.

Some other comments:

- The jungle sounds, telling us that we're in Montega, are... a bit much

- I can't be the only one who thinks that Ross Kettle looks like the 80s version of Zach Roerig? 

• Members

I seem to recall a couple of school friends that were sprinkled in scenes here and there, particular scenes that occurred at Lily and Dusty's high school, even back when Lucy Deakins was in the role and that girl at the party may have been one of those characters, but I don't recall her having a significant role.  I'm not sure but Harrison may have been the preppie, uppercrust guy, who had a reputation, as Dusty put it.  It's hard to tell how significant these teens were, given the fact that there are so many missing episodes from 1985.

Speaking of 1985, I'm a bit confused: in June of 1985, didn't Bob and Kim already get married in April?  I seem to remember Craig and Sierra went to the wedding/reception together.  Yet, they're in Montega in June 1985?? For what purpose?  I remember they were in Montega in January 1985 and got separated, which is why Craig got false "intelligence" that Sierra was dead (which Steve's bio father Michael Christopher set up to trick the junta into giving up their search for Sierra).  Did they return to Montega after Sierra arrived in Oakdale?

I don't remember seeing the fellow passenger on the plane trip and his accent sounds a bit dodgy, at that.

So @Broldenit sounds as if Robbie dances with Wendy.  I think that's what I heard.

• Members

Bumping this to the next page, so people don't have to go digging to find it.

The soap industry did these shows a huge disservice in how they promoted their shows.  The 'cheese factor' which these production companies and networks never hesitated to exploit, unfortunately had a lasting impression on how these shows were perceived on the surface. And many casual observers were less inclined to look beyond the surface.

• Members

Ahaha.  Lucinda, instead of telling her daughter the truth lets her rush back into the middle of civil war strife.  Definitely not mother of the year material, lol.

Yeah, I watched more and figured out that it had to have been a return visit.  Sierra was no longer masquerading as "Carlos" and by the way Craig is caressing her shoulder and back, clearly they've bonded.

• Members

If you follow the entire thread, you'll see that the guy (who seems fairly obnoxious) does directly address Colleen and the person who defends her with the 'bottom of the barrel' comment, which did single out soap actors. Michael Park jumps in at one point and claps back at the guy.

• Members

I wish Zenk had added in...I have faced the likes of TV executives, producers and James Stenbeck...so don't f*ck with me fella!

Why isnt Zenk on any daytime show...She would be so good as at brittle matriarch..not good or bad.

t