Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe Alan should encourage people to send questions to either his social media account or in the comments section of the corresponding YouTube video ahead of time.  Maybe then he can sift through comments, questions to share with the guests.  The chat section sometimes has interesting questions, comments but is in general a mess with requests for other guests, blah blah blah that have nothing to do with the group of actors that are on the actual livestream.

And Alan mostly seems to ignore the chat section anyway.

• Members

I've never seen this before, but Yvonne Perry reminds me of Cady McClain with some of her mannerisms here. 

I haven't been bothered by Alan that much, and honestly wasn't bothered much in this one. The William Fichtner/Martha Byrne one was a different story. I though Alan was typing while William was talking, which I later read wasn't typing, but static. However, Alan was very clearly not listening, which clearly disturbed WF and MB both. I think William deserved much better. Overall, though, I remain mostly thankful for Alan organizing these at all.

• Members

So I'm still having a blissful time bingeing '86, but uhhh, this was a lot!

The fakeout on making people think Shannon is Lucinda’s phantom caller is pretty obvious - Ron Carlivati was doing only slightly less subtle ones a few years ago. I like to think I’d have guessed it was Iva, but I dunno as AFAIK there’s very little textual hints whatsoever that I know of beforehand that Lily was not Lucinda’s? At least not in the most of the three months I've seen. Just hints visually and in the blocking with Iva, Lily and Lucinda, or in her bonding with the Snyders. They do smack you in the face with it when Lily says the Snyders are like a real family to her, and Iva is literally tucking Lily into bed, but even then I don’t recall any discussion of Lily being adopted. I wonder if I’d have pieced the secret together from context clues but who knows, esp since they were just coming off the Sierra reveal. I feel privileged to finally get to see this - just watched the Friday cliffhanger where Lucinda walks into the bar to meet her tormentor.

They've begun introducing a crop of new men like Casey Peretti, and I understand the Snyders I'm unfamiliar with like Seth come next. I wonder if they seriously intended Casey for Frannie, or Iva for Steve. They also namedrop Emily running away here, preparing us presumably for the great Melanie Smith.

• Members

In watching the livestream with Hillary Bailey Smith, Scott Bryce and Gregg Marx, I got the impression that Casey was considered a more serious prospect for Frannie.  I don't get that sense with Iva and Steve but who really knows for sure, if Frank Runyeon had wanted to stay? 

It was for the appearance Colleen McDermott that those Emily hints were being dropped. Melanie Smith didn't appear onscreen as Emily until early 1987.

• Members

If I remember correctly, the reveal of Lucinda not being Lily's biological mother came during her rivalry with Whit McColl, as she blamed him for her husband Martin's suicide over blackmail involving that secret. 

I do think it would have still been a surprise to viewers about Iva and Lily.

Yvonne was fired by John Valente. 

I'm glad Yvonne was fond of Marland but I thought even his material for her was poor.

That's surprising, as I think she was gone by the time Ben arrived. I remember reading at the time there was no long term story plans for ATWT - maybe it was a last minute firing.

So was there any interesting gossip that was hinted at? It sounds like the whole thing was poorly done so I won't be watching.