Jump to content

As The World Turns Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DRW50

    2378

  • DramatistDreamer

    1257

  • Soapsuds

    1010

  • P.J.

    647

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

I always thought he was fired, especially as his main screen partner for much of 1985 (Maggie) had also been pushed out, but I'm not sure. Didn't Eileen Fulton complain about having to play out Lisa's reaction to his murder or am I misremembering?

 

It sure would be nice if someone could actually interview him to find out.

 

As for Eileen Fulton, with Lisa already having to practically step over Whit's dead body, I could see why she'd be 'over it' in terms of having to play out another body practically dropping at her feet.

16 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Luke Reilly reminded me a lot of Floyd from GL

 

LOL.  Yes, he does!  Isn't Lisa Brown married to the actor who played Floyd IRL?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

LOL.  Yes, he does!  Isn't Lisa Brown married to the actor who played Floyd IRL?

 

She was. I think they divorced in the early '90s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

And for some odd reason I found Cal sexy too.😯

Fulton wanted to have the two have an affair and they said no and then when he was murdered she said, "Can't I at least wear black and cry and mourn" and they were like "no"! So Fulton agrees with us and it would have been fun for Lisa to have a casual fling with this younger ex con..that would cause Nancy to clutch her pearls and upset Tom, who hopefully would be so upset he would go to bed in just his pajama bottoms and have a concerned look on his face as he sat their shirtless...for scene after scene..

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

She was. I think they divorced in the early '90s.

Their son is the frontman of a popular emo band that’s been around forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard this version of ''Every Breath You Take''. Really makes the scenes pop. I always liked Cal. He was an interesting character. I think what hurt Cal was not having any ties to anyone in Oakdale.  Besides Diana and Maggie. Who were both long gone by the time Doug Cummings murdered him. It's nice watching an  episode without the down home earnest Snyder's. Or the endless merry go round with Holden and Lilly.   It's nice to see Lisa being used. In an episode from around this time. There are scenes where Frannie, Jay, Kirk, Marcy. Are worried over Lisa's kidnapping. And are then reunited with Lisa. Which i found very sweet . The more i watch of Susan Bedsow's run the more i like. Here's the episode i mentioned. 

 

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to post
Share on other sites

Susan Bedsow-Horgan was part of the HW duo that wrote OLTL for the Prospect Park/TOLN soaps, which was eagerly denigrated by much of the so-called 'soap press', which was highly unfortunate.

SBH should have been brought back to ATWT in the 90s after Marland passed...certainly in the late 1990s, at the very least. 

Many of the same people who eagerly denigrated her HW regime at OLTL during the PP/TOLN era eagerly heap praise on Sheffer who took the show the farthest away it had ever been from the style of storytelling that it was best known for.  How ironic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There were some summer 1985 where Finn Carter is more relaxed.  

 

Lily in the summer of 1985 had friends and had a cute romance with Dusty.  All before the arrival of the dreaded Snyder's.   Only character from that group that fit was Iva.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Susan Bedsow-Horgan was part of the HW duo that wrote OLTL for the Prospect Park/TOLN soaps, which was eagerly denigrated by much of the so-called 'soap press', which was highly unfortunate.

SBH should have been brought back to ATWT in the 90s after Marland passed...certainly in the late 1990s, at the very least. 

Many of the same people who eagerly denigrated her HW regime at OLTL during the PP/TOLN era eagerly heap praise on Sheffer who took the show the farthest away it had ever been from the style of storytelling that it was best known for.  How ironic.

I liked her OLTL. I also thought she should've been brought back in 1994 to ATWT.

6 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

There were some summer 1985 where Finn Carter is more relaxed.  

 

Lily in the summer of 1985 had friends and had a cute romance with Dusty.  All before the arrival of the dreaded Snyder's.   Only character from that group that fit was Iva.

I would've only used Emma, Holden and Meg with Iva included. I would not have brought in Seth, Ellie or Caleb. For me Caleb was very unlikable. I think they needed a stronger actor in the role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Never heard this version of ''Every Breath You Take''. Really makes the scenes pop. I always liked Cal. He was an interesting character. I think what hurt Cal was not having any ties to anyone in Oakdale.  Besides Diana and Maggie. Who were both long gone by the time Doug Cummings murdered him. It's nice watching an  episode without the down home earnest Snyder's. Or the endless merry go round with Holden and Lilly.   It's nice to see Lisa being used. In an episode from around this time. There are scenes where Frannie, Jay, Kirk, Marcy. Are worried over Lisa's kidnapping. And are then reunited with Lisa. Which i found very sweet . The more i watch of Susan Bedsow's run the more i like. Here's the episode i mentioned. 

 

Another fun show....my favorite line..."Ya had to take off the gag!" and Margo.."Yea..."  the kids welcoming Lisa home..this was a great time for Lisa, her own family and their various friends..you could really see her living in a big house and kids coming and going and her cool with it. Maybe they should have kept SBH with Marland to help him loosen up a bit!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom and Margo became very stuffy under Marland especially with Dolan and Holmes in the roles. I loved how Tom and Margo worked together to free his mom. Those were great scenes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't it Horgan who actually reunited Bob and Kim? She teed up a lot of what I think Marland was able to use to fly.

 

I remember her giving a very in-depth interview about her long and storied career some years ago, maybe just before or after OLTL 2.0. She's been all over daytime and worn many hats. To me she's always come off as a capable steward of talented visions; maybe not the most inspired on her own, but smart and very experienced. She took on the thankless role of following Linda Gottlieb (after years on staff as a writer) and having to keep the ship Gottlieb/Malone/Griffith had built steady in '94; it definitely wasn't perfect or as measured, but the show stayed on the same brand/style and full of popular couples and stories for most of the rest of the decade. Her 2.0 was not perfect, but solid and mature again. I appreciate her wealth of knowledge and experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember as a kid when Bob and Kim got back together in the 80's and the scenes in the snow storm. Kim was talking about the past with Jennifer. I remember my Mom filled me in on the Kim/Bob/Jennifer story. To this day I wish I could see ATWT episodes circa 1972-73 when that all went down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Never heard this version of ''Every Breath You Take''. Really makes the scenes pop. I always liked Cal. He was an interesting character. I think what hurt Cal was not having any ties to anyone in Oakdale.  Besides Diana and Maggie. Who were both long gone by the time Doug Cummings murdered him. It's nice watching an  episode without the down home earnest Snyder's. Or the endless merry go round with Holden and Lilly.   It's nice to see Lisa being used. In an episode from around this time. There are scenes where Frannie, Jay, Kirk, Marcy. Are worried over Lisa's kidnapping. And are then reunited with Lisa. Which i found very sweet . The more i watch of Susan Bedsow's run the more i like. Here's the episode i mentioned. 

 

 

Lyla had a personality!?!? Did Marland zap away her personality?

 

While it isn't perfect, this episode had a multi generational feel...with veterans front and center. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.