Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Rarely, during version one of Rosanna. Even during larger family scenes at the farm, they barely spoke, with Lily married to Damien at the time.

Version two of Rosanna saw them interact here and there because of Lucy, Aaron and Craig, but it was Holden who did most of the talking.

• Members

Rosanna #1 had more dealings with Tess, connor, evan, debbie, and Julie than she did with Lily.

I viewed some 1992..and too much focus on the Snyder's and their orbit of characters..with little to no overlap with the Hughes family.  To me, it showed that Marland had stayed too long...and that maybe he should have stayed till 1989 before moving to a new soap.

• Members

Rosemary Prinz was one of the featured players in a virtual production of Tartuffe, part of the Alliance Française co-production of the Molière In The Park series.

Alan Locher should try to have Rosemary Prinz on a livestream as it seems like she could have access to the necessary tech to participate.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

When heather r departed as Lily in early 1993...did people find it jarring when Martha returned?  I recall her saying Lily wouldn't have into.business..that it was a return to basics with the character.  Yet in 1993 through 1996, she was involved heavily in business stories..wonder why Martha would say that statement yet the show didn't go that route 

• Members

Having seen more of Heather Rattray as Lily for the first time, I have to say I liked her version a lot. Martha's Lily was annoying. However Rattray sort of blended in at times. I actually could have seen Martha's Lily hilariously and embarrassingly trying to get into business. I liked it but I don't know if they ever really did it justice in terms of writing it, if that makes sense.

I also think Byrne looked more like Lucinda's daughter, Rattray was more suited as Iva's biological daughter. JMO.

• Members

I enjoyed Heather's Lily double crossing Barbara. Lucinda would be proud. It's too bad the rivalry between Barbara and Lily didn't last long.

Considering how Martha and Colleen didn't get along it's a shame the rivarly didn't continue a la Barbara vs Margo. That also went out the window when Ellen Dolan came in as Margo in 1990.

• Members

There was some fun bitterness between Barbara and Margo around the time of the stalking story and Barbara's fling with Evan. 

I had never seen Martha's Lily. I was not impressed. All she did was simper, when she wasn't singing the same damn song over and over (and I like that song!). It didn't help that I was not a fan of the Holden/Lily pairing. When they moved more toward the Damian/Lily relationship, investing in it and phasing Holden out of the story, I began to care more. I never really was that interested in Martha's Lily (I'm one of the few who was much more fond of her as Rose), but I do think she had her moments and I'm sorry her experience with ATWT had to end in such a bad way. 

Lily was involved in business from 93-94, you're right. I guess Martha didn't really see it as business-focused because of the triangle aspect. In that sense, Heather's Lily wasn't that business focused after her first year or two in the role. I wonder if Martha just never watched her (which would be understandable).

• Members

To quote a Jump the Shark moment on the now long defunct Jump The Shark website on their section for ATWT

Please register in order to view this content

Now of course that was that poster's opinion but their was a general consensus that Rattray wasn''t good in the role. Granted looking back I will say at least for Rattray's first year and half we definitely saw Lily mature and Rattray play in storylines not suited for Byrne's Lily (add to the fact that Rattray was five years older than Byrne in real life) I have to say it wasn't all bad and even I remember liking her Lily with Sean & Colin. However, the Holden story did indeed go off the rails, and the amount of whining and crying Rattray's Lily did in the second half of 1992 was unforgivable...only Martha Byrne could have gotten away with all of that, which is why she was well welcomed back in 1993. 

Lily was best with Damien and both Dusty Donovan's. Holden became such a dud but at least Jon Hensley held in there and always did his best.