Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What a bloated writing staff. They had no confidence in Horgan and kept rotating consultants and co-heads.  Luckily, they got Marland from Loving.  Her co heads during her 1 year were: Klein/Wasserman, Benjamin, Sowards/Stamfl, Laibson/Bogard.  Lemay/Consultant, Gross/Consultant. Not to mention all the various breakdown and script writers who cycled through.

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

From what I've seen of her work, I think that Susan Bedsow Horgan would have been able to manage HW duties.  This just goes to prove how terribly misogynistic the daytime soap industry was and still is, which is pretty shocking, considering the role of Irna Phillips, a woman, in the creation of the T.V. daytime drama. 

I posted that episode because, for all the talk that Bob and Kim's wedding gets, no one seems to mention the fact that an entire room of the bridal party and guests were rounded up by police and shuffled off to the police station, where they were detained!

Also, those scenes between Lucy Deakins' Lily and EH's Lucinda seem pretty tender and rare...not that it's meat, or anything but you catch my drift. 

but yeah, a pretty chaotic episode, lol.

• Members

I agree and there was a continuity of style in some of the execution of later storylines during Marland's tenure.

For example, the chaotic, frenzied night where Shannon got arrested at Diana's and a brawl ensues where the police ended up dragging everyone in the restaurant's dining room into the police station (with an exasperated Lt. McClosky bellowing for "Quiet!"), with Lucinda once again salivating at the prospect of capitalizing off the juicy gossip that will be in her newspaper. That happened a year later in '86. It has obvious echoes to the frenzied, chaotic scene at Bob & Kim's wedding reception. There are other examples where there is a continuity of characterizations and technique in story execution that might not be obvious to some but is obvious to me.

The style and the execution are very similar, except a year later, the tracking of how the scene was filmed at Diana's was technically more sophisticated, having been filmed with edits that were more seamless.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The show was in good hands ratings wise during Horgan run. These are the ratings for the week of episodes posted by @DramatistDreamer 

Top 10 daytime shows April 15 - 19 1985

1. General Hospital (ABC), 8.1/28
2. All My Children (ABC) 7.3/27
3. The Young and the Restless (CBS)7.2/30
4. Guiding Light (CBS), 7.2/25
5. As the World Turns (CBS), 7.0/26
6. Days of Our Lives (NBC), 6.5/24
7. One Life to Live (ABC), 6.2/23.

• Members

This is soap YT page quickly becoming my favorite channel for ATWT episodes because she/he/they are posting some episodes that I'm pretty sure have never been posted before.

That cover version of "Every Breath You Take" in the opening scene had me screaming.  There have been clips posted of Lisa struggling and Tom and Margo getting to the warehouse but much of how they got there was missing.  This fills in the missing details.

• Members

Was the cover of "Every Breath You Take" from an episode of Solid Gold? I think I'm hearing Marilyn McCoo.

(Around this time, there was a Tom and Margo scene where she's watching TV. The audio was from a Lily Tomlin album.)

• Members

The show was fun then...yes, it didnt have the solid core that it would for a year or two with Marland..but energy and Lisa was written the best at this time, comic relief but not dumb..and it looked like Fulton was having a ball. my favorite Tom and Margo..I loved Maggie, Frank and thought Cal was sexy..and sorry, I know everyone loved Craig and Sierra but she is just so annoying...bluttering things out, pausing for long periods...its such odd acting.

• Members

There is another episode by the same channel that has HBS hands running through GM hairy chest...so yummy and sexy.

Liz in her interview with Alan said Finn Carter was a very green actress when she first started and it was very obvious. She(Finn) would always worry about her lines and how they would come out.

And for some odd reason I found Cal sexy too.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds