As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Ironically, Gary Hudson (ex-Rick) lasted only 13 weeks.

There must be something wrong with me.  Several have spoken negatively about the quality of Justin Deas' performances.  However, he's one of those actors who never, ever bores me.  I mean, I absolutely love to watch the guy act.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have no idea why classic ATWT from the '70s and '80s is so rare. Y&R fans have to go the extra step of making their uploads private since Sony or CBS has public uploads removed quickly. ATWT doesn't have that issue since it's off the air, so the lack of uploads is surprising. 

The scenes between James & John are truly riveting. I just love how Johnny D turned the tables on James. How i wish there was more of their adversarial relationship online. A shame they didn't keep this Rick. Rick & Babs had good sibling chemistry. I love Dana Delaney since China Beach. But i don't think she was right for Haley.   I recently rewatched a clip from 1983. Where James runs into John. Who everyone believed was dead. The scene starts at 3 mins in.  The look of fright and shock James has is great. It's interesting that John always seem to have the upper hand with James. Having problems embedding the video. It's called ATWT 1980's Dee's Trial John is Alive pt 2

• Members

OK, this is the most random thing ever, but I was recently listening to Gregory Porter's tribute album to Nat "King" Cole, and found myself browsing around on the internet, reading about the song 'I Wonder Who My Daddy Is', when a website listed "actress Eileen Fulton" as having recorded the song as well. There was even a link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpZHkLzr9I&feature=youtu.be

• Members

There were definitely times when Bob's shortness of temperament reared its head in situations.  I know that John Dixon was often a provocateur who could get under anybody's skin but there were a few instances when he would voice a genuine concern with Bob (although, in typical John fashion, he used neither diplomacy nor tact) and Bob would just go off on John, sometimes unprovoked.  Bob could be very haughty, as he displayed with new resident Casey Perretti, even when Casey's ideas were in earnest (and yes, on occasion, Casey could rub people the wrong way with his abrupt manner).

Then there is the way that Bob talked down to Kim when he found out that she wanted to have a career shortly after Christopher was born.  Everyone talked about Steve Andropoulous' regressive views on married women (w/kids) in the workplace but no one mentioned Bob's, even after both Kim and Lisa challenged Bob on his out of step views.

FWIW, I think various writing regimes tried to show just how imperfect and flawed Bob could be (in many ways) but a lot of viewers often built up a hagiography in their own minds, based upon those warm and wonderful Thanksgiving toasts and Christmas carols but Bob was still the man who cheated on two of his wives.

• Members

There is a profile of her from a few years back on the popular Humans of New York blog/Facebook page.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to embed the entry, probably because I'm not a member of Facebook but because the page is Public, I was able to read it.  What she has to say is unsurprising but pretty interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/photos/a.102107073196735/1415486905192072/?type=3&theater