As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I wish Alan would have asked more about her post ATWT and Pre Gossip Girl career

Loved that Margaret was in charge

Seeing Ellen in interviews she gives off a different vibe but I cant say why I feel that way

Edited by John

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So who is the director that was difficult to work for? Margaret called him sh!t and so did Liz Hubbard. It had to be a director that was there in 1983/1984. Didn't Lucinda first appear in 1984?

The director also made fun of Margaret during one of her scenes.

• Members

For the majority of her run, Dolan experienced a very different ATWT than Colin and HBS.

Similar to how vastly different Amanda Seyfried views her experience as a young actress on ATWT from say, Martha Byrne or Julianne Moore. It was a different show. 

Ellen may have begun her run under a Marland pen, but things had already begun to change (as Laurence Caso was the Exec. Producer by then) and would drastically change by the mid 1990s. In the end, she spent many more years in a completely different environment from the one in the 1980s where Colin and HBS performed.

Nothing against the movie, as I enjoyed it, but it was the aspect of asking more about her time on the movie than the reason why most people would tune in for the reunion livestream, because let's face it, no exclusive movie fans would tune into this YT livestream in the first place.

By the way, how many views did this video get?

I guess I could check myself.

• Members

The male directors at the time were Paul Lammers, Bruce Barry (who is beloved so I don't think it's him), Richard Dunlap (who didn't direct for long at ATWT so could be the one in question), and Peter Brinkerhoff. Lammers was the principle director at ATWT for years and years.  Allen Fristoe also directed but I believe he also had a great reputation and was not a full time director in the early 1980s.

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

Regarding the comment about Ellen Dolan not knowing the current whereabouts of Anne Sward: while these characters and actors are "family" to us the viewers, they were in actuality co-workers to each other. I am close to some of my co-workers, and not-so-close to others. Some personalities don't gel and perhaps Dolan and Sward were merely coworkers. Also, both MC and HBS left "World Turns" of their own choice and during a period when the soap industry was pretty flush with ratings and funds -- so their memories and relationships may be more positive than Dolan's who stayed until the (very) bitter end and was essentially fired (cancelled). Also, as a previous poster mentioned, both MC and HBS had a longer working relationship with Sward. Dolan stayed with ATWT for an additional 15 years after Sward left and interacted with a multitude of incoming/outgoing co-workers. I don't think the "lack" of a current connection between Dolan and Sward indicates a failing in either woman.