GH: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Usually I don't mind....but can Suzanne please cover her girls up?! Adrienne Barbeau reliving her Maude days or something...hope it ends soon, because...they are just not looking great. They look aged, dried out, leathery.....

Brenda/Dante is so interesting to me, the flashback I think proves that these two, or at least Dante, felt something for each other when they first met and I think it turned into something more. I hope it did. Hopefully there will be more flashbacks that highlight their past with each other.

Everytime Jax/Carly get in an argument and Carly throws a hissy fit, Jax has to bang her brains back into sanity, and on top of a desk. That still doesn't satisfy Carly, so she goes to Jason for even more comfort. Repeat. Carly just needs to not have a man, she needs to live alone in a house with Joscelyn & some cats and deal with other problems that happen in life.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As arrogant as that comment is, I do think it's a reflection of what Carly and GH have become. The show hasn't been interested in character development in years and years. It's just a lot of propping of the pets and a lot of overwrought drama which goes nowhere. Carly going around being a hysteric is generally what keeps the writers interested in her (that and occasional scenes where we are reminded of what a braveandstrongawesome mother she is).

• Members

Exactly. She's clearly using the opportunity to live out her fantasy of playing 1997 Carly. Not a layered Carly who has around 15 years worth of life experience. She has become a mother three times over, a wife, a businesswoman and a genuine mob survivor. But all I see is this screeching, whining, tantrum throwing bully. As if she's stuck in high school.

• Members

If there's one character that's completely safe in all of daytime it's LW's Carly and she knows it. Actors who know there character can pretty much get away with every heinous characterization and still be frontburnered, still be considered a heroine, still be propped to the max, and still have an active fanbase is golden. LW has a lot to be arrogant about. If Ingo had salivated working with X actress from ATWT like she did with MP because he loved her and 'lobbied' to Frons, LW fangurls would be flipping their collective lids.

• Members

I agree with you 100%.

And to follow up what you're saying, what burns me up about this so-called actress is that, after bragging about being in the genre for 20+ years... you'd think she'd know better than to believe her own hype. But she doesn't. And that's just what's so gross about her (disclaimer: LW the actress, not LW the person. I don't know the woman -- nor do I care to -- nor have I met her at a fan event where she was soooo nice to me during the 45 seconds she took a picture with me). Interview after interview, she lacks humility. Michael Logan my be totally dumbfounded by the fact that she has not even ONE Emmy nomination in 20 years. However, considering the Daytime Emmys are a popularity contest... and the person in question is as arrogant as ever... could there be a correlation?

Back back to the point, the Carly scenes in yesterday's (10/11) episode were written to attempt to show Carly's vulnerability (I agree with what bellcurve alluded to in terms of these scenes having a REAL an original 90's Carly vulnerability feel to them), but they were performed as if it was some petulant brat afraid that Brender was going to get the bigger piece of ice cream cake at her birthday party, and mommy and daddy needed to make sure that didn't happen or else they didn't love her as much as they love Brender. Fully equipped with pouting, foot stomping and arm folding. If an actor who knew anything about subtext and character development were to look at these scenes, they would see and most likely play up the angle that Carly isn't just on the surface: "Oh no! Brenduh's gon' steals muh mens!" but Carly is terribly afraid that Brenda's presence is going to shine a light on all of her flaws. The men in her life will see all the warts and realize what Carly's felt all along... that she's not good enough. And that's what terrifies her.

Then again, when you have an arrogant, untrained actress who never had to work for anything in her career playing a role that requires the ability to convey insecurity, fear of disapproval and rejection, feelings of being an outsider... this is what you get. Surface emotion.

I'm done. Yum, that felt goooood! cool.gif

• Members

Did I miss something? Exactly when did Brenda steal Sonny away from Carzilla. Bitch needs a history lesson bc she clearly is not recalling the facts as they were

Can Robin STFU and mind her business? Girl is soooo annoying. She is the epitome of a prop. Its so blatantly obvious what her role is as she exists to tell us how perfect Sonny and Brenda are for each other.

Why is Brenda wearing a trashbag as a jacket?

• Members

These flashback scenes with Brenda/Dante aren't really looking like flashbacks to me. They are edited/look like they are brand new scenes that are just apart of the show like the other scenes are. I think they should have a more "flashbackish" look to them.

On AMC the other day, Scott flashbacked to talking to Stuart, which wasn't a very long time ago. And that actually looked like a flashback. But the Dante/Brenda scenes don't look that way, IMO.

• Members

The only thing that can save Siobhan at this point is if she revealed that her accent is fake and that she's an undercover agent as well.

Suzanne continues to annoy me. Im beginning to beleive she's not as good as she seems. I wouldnt be surprised if she is working with the Balkan and she's skimming money from the charities that Brenda is raising money for

Archived