GH: October Discussion Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would totally undermine the characters. Not that Tracy isn't capable of vulnerability and needing Luke to hold her (Alan's funeral comes to mind when Luke told her she could grieve any way she wanted and he'd be there with her), but it's not a "safe place" for the character. Sam and Robin are shadows of what they used to be but I don't think Jane Elliot would ever let Tracy go there. No matter what's written, she knows how to be Tracy.

• Members

Speaking of Brenda's charity, I keep wondering why people on the show trash Suzanne for running a charity but not Brenda.

I was also wondering if Luke and Tracy had ever had a story besides this one. I swear it's always Luke screws Tracy over, begs Tracy's forgiveness,

, Tracy is angry but takes him back, then TG has another vacation and Luke screws her over again.

• Members

Yeah they have - which is what makes this repetitive stuff so frustrating. In the beginning they were constantly trying to one-up the other and it was much more evenly based. After that they were working together to keep ELQ in Tracy's hands. Then they went through a period with some of the most gut wrenchingly honest dialogue and openness either character has ever seen as they fell in love. This foolishness has only been going on since the writers strike ended and Guza had to "fix" all the other problems. Any way you cut it, they are still the longest running couple we now have on the canvas, and it's close to 5 1/2 years with only the last 2 being the Shrew vs the Scoundrel. I think when they shelved Valentin, they really put LuNacy up a creek without the proverbial paddle which has lead to this holding pattern. I just hope this time it leads somewhere else.

• Members

TG's schedule does limit what they can do. She was kidnapped by Helena recently, a few years back she was sort of allied with Helena for a time. They sort of dropped the story Tracy was figured into: she stumbled across the fact the GH lab technician mysteriously died while she was investigating Liz's baby. They seem to have dropped the entire thing. Luke also had small stories with Laura, Laura again, Holly, Holly again, Ethan, and they both got a little play in the Keifer story. They are never going to have a six month long ongoing story, that's for sure.

Archived