GH: October Discussion Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe all that money Liz invested is gone now, I never understood why she did that in the first place. Really, 5 million wasn't enough for you and the boys?! She shouldn't have invested that money in the first place, now it's all gone now and she's scoundreling around TurtleNekNik for money (at least that's what I think she came to Wyndemere for and was about to ask Nik, but Brook ruined it lol). I was so hoping she'd be more independent this time around, but it's becoming more and more clear GH is writing her the way they always do: horribly angry.gif

Kate rolleyes.gif I was like wow, look who decided to show up to work today. LOL. She was so annoying, all out of the loop and blaming it on Maxie & Lulu. Maybe if you payed more attention to Crimson instead of living it up with Coleman, doing whatever else you do and being M.I.A most of the time, you wouldn't be out of the know. And all she does is yell! Can't stand her at all!

I think Brenda might have killed someone, and whoever it was is connected to the Balkin & that's why he's going after her. Boring...!

wub.gif Me to.

• Members

Yeah they will call her out and always do they don't give Elizabeth any snappy comebacks never have her dialog is always weak, she has beat down after beat down and have been written like crap for years. My thing as a fan is the endless triangles culminating with babies along the way...she hasn't been written for in years and is always broke (even with Lucky they stayed broke)..she's the only one with no nanny now with three kids. :blink:

...as for BrookL I foolishly hoped this wouldn't happen they would be friends but I should have known better when as soon as she got back from California her scenes are with Nik/BrookL.

I was doing a WTH? Elizabeth left not wanting a relationship with Nik living at Wyndemere. Since I don't watch much I must have missed the eppy when she moved out. I knew Brooklynn moved in but I didn't get this...

I expected different dialog something like I'm glad he's moved on with you she is her best friends's relative but no, the same ole' song and dance...a cajones story...

As for the money I totally agree, why invest when you have 5 million dollars? When she first did it I went HUH?

I though the pharmaceutical investment could only be $100,000 or $200,000 I thought, Thats a far cry from $5 mil. I guess they rewrote history.

What I need for my girl now is that Helena finagled with the investment so she can get her money back :lol:

• Members
The thing is they made Liz "good", and good characters are always dull. Liz had spunk once upon a time but that was killed for the constant LnL2 boomerang. Add kids (which is also what ruined the character of Carly with SBr) and you have a character who's got nothing to work with. Trying to make any character in to the "next Laura" is a mistake (even the first Laura outlived her usefulness by '81), and Liz has suffered that problem for years now. The Bike Shop fire killed more than just the original Lucky.

Well that was never going to happen. Where would they find common ground?

Perhaps this will bring Liz back into Nicholas' direct care. Heaven knows no woman on this show can be independently wealthy, self-actualized AND in a full relationship.

Hellzabub back in any capacity is a good thing. Sign me up. :D

• Members

I think Liz might have worked as a more sympathetic character but Becky Herbst is more fun playing a bitchier role. It's not fun (to me) when Liz is smug and cold and makes nasty comments because they try to pass her off as a heroine. I think this started after Lucky "died" and she would sneersmirk at Carly and go on and on and on to Jason about painting the wind.

If Tyler and Becky had had any chemistry and if the story had had any consistency or good pacing then the idea of her being tired of being good and wanting to have fun with Nik would have been a step forward for Liz, a way to break her into new patterns, to be more of what she wants and not be "good." Instead, it was turned into some type of mental illness on Liz's part and all about her rape, which was a very tacky writing choice that didn't do anything for any of the characters.

The only person I think Becky Herbst was ever believable with in a "good" relationship was Jonathan Jackson, which is why I was so bewildered as to why they turned that relationship into something so very sick when JJ returned.

• Members

I think it carries over to places where it shouldn't, especially when Greg Vaughan played Lucky.

I don't see where else Liz can go as a heroine. I don't think the show cares very much about her anyway, other than being a mother to Jason's progeny, so if I were them I'd take the risk. Just say that this stupid investment story has made her snap, and have her start manipulating people to get what she wants.

• Members

Elizabeth isnt even a secondary character, she is an afterthought like almost every single woman on GH and most of the men.

What they should have done is send her off saying she needs to find herself to be a better mother for her kids and let her be off screen for a few months and have her come back to find sarah back in town and discover sarah has been in touch with their father and then explore elizabeths daddy issues. sure, its an easy way out of the awful hole they wrote her into, but it could also be a great family storyline. and it would work, because elizabeth has to have daddy issues.

and hell, same goes for sam.

• Members

There are many characters who need to take a break - chief amoung them being Sonny, Jason, Carly and Sam.

As for Niz I think they did have chemistry and could still go some place if someone actually wrote for them. The problem is we have some character who are chemistry masters and a few who are chemistry black holes, and then we have some that walk the line. Unfortunately Nicholas and Liz are two that walk that line - they can either match someone else's chemistry or suck them dry, but they aren't great in the chemistry generating department. That's why it's so dicy to put either character in a relationship. The writing really has to be there to support them, but the writing hasn't been there for these two very often.

• Members

I really dont see any potential in Elizabeth and think she should be written out. The character is a mess and I think they've exhaused alot out of her anyway. I see her as the "Amy" of the hospital. Passing judgement and talking about people there, all while not having much to do herself.

• Members

The problem, as I see it, with Elizabeth (and I like the character just fine) is the minute she was raped, she became the ingenue a.k.a. the Resident Damsel in Distress. And, just like All My Children's ingenue, Bianca, once the character gets to a certain point in their life, being the ingenue is no longer an option. The character either needs to be reshaped or written off. However, either way, a new ingenue needs to come in to fill that role. That hasn't happened yet. They just traded Becky in for Vanity, so now it's Brenda's turn -- yet again -- to be the Damsel in Distress. And, when Vanity leaves, if they haven't brought on a new character, I bet you there will be another Liz in Peril story.

That's why Liz is always broke. That's why Liz is always pregnant. That's why Liz has 8 children and no nanny. That way, she'll always be in need of some form of rescuing, fulfilling her role as the Damsel in Distress. It's the only way I can make any sense of why, in a world where Carly is fuckin upper class, Liz is barely above poverty level.

"No more 'Permanent Lock' -- that was so easily picked." :lol: Sorry, just had to throw that in there. One of my favorite Liz lines ever!

Archived