GH: October Discussion Thread

• Members

It's better, but even by '04, you know she was already consulting a very bad plastic surgeon.

I can't help but think that Jackie thought that if she got a new/younger face, TPTB at GH would use her more, and that just didn't happen. Instead, she got some really bad plastic surgery and GH considers her to be irrelevant now, and looking at her face, I can understand why they wouldn't want to show that thing off too many times a year. There's of course other reasons for why they don't use her more, but I think her bad plastic surgery is one of those reasons.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's really sad. It's sad because 1), how low and shallow has our society become that women feel they need to alter their natural beauty to get work? 99% of the time, it just makes them look worse. And 2), it's sad at just how bad Jackie's surgeon must be. Very rarely, you'll see plastic surgery make someone look phenomenal (ala Florence Henderson). Many times, you can tell they had work but it isn't ghastly. But then in cases like this, it's just so so bad. I mean when I see her on my screen, I do think of her plastic surgery. But for me, it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the character and my wishing she was on more.

It seems to me, that she started out getting surgeries, and it was working somewhat in her favor. Just little things here and there. Like her nose job...Looked great. Even the breast implants dont look horrible. But, I think at somepoint she must have had one, or several, bad procedures done at once, and has been getting more and more surgeries since then, trying to cover it up.

Maybe if she just stopped cold with the surgeries, she'd look alright in a year or two.

• Members

It's funny how it's only "starting sh!t" when I do it, simply because you don't like me. It's also funny how it's not "starting sh!t" when I mentioned Bobbie/Monica and R Sinclair posts a picture of Octomom and Joan van Ark in reply. OR how it's not "starting sh!t" when I make a banner of Jackie Zeman to which Y&RWorldTurner makes a post about how scary looking and botched she is. Or again, when RSinclair replies to my post about my new avatar, and again uses a picture of Octomom.

I'm not saying that what they did was "starting sh!t" either. I found it rather entertaining, and it didn't come off ass trying to start anything at all. But if what I did with the pictures just above is starting sh*t, then certainly, by your definition, so is what they did...Funny how you don't call them out for it, but you do for me.

In my opinion, bellcurve, the only one starting anything right now is you. When there's 2 pages of banter between other posters such as Y&RWorldTurner and RSinclair, about Jackie Zeman's face in MY banner, why is it only "Starting sh!t" when I make a joke BACK about the people in RSinclair's banner? You're just trying to call me out on something because you don't like me. And I don't care if you don't like me, honestly, but don't try to call me out on something when you don't call anyone else out for doing the same thing. It just makes you look bad.

• Members

And I wasn't trying to be that over annoying fan who gets all upset when a joke is made about an actress I like. I actually really did think your post was funny. And the post I made was just a joke in retaliation to your joke. I was just saying Bellcurve clearly only made a snarky comment because he dislikes me/my posts. I was just trying to convey that it WASN'T a big deal, nor was there any "controversy" but that it was just a little witty banter about the looks of soap stars.

Hope I didn't come off as "fanboy"...I truly was entertained by your post.

• Members

Well, I removed it nonetheless. No matter what, it started getting personal and my name was being dragged into a fight I could care less about. Sorry, but I have my own insipid deeemons to fight in another thread. Don't need to be thrown into someone else's fight with theirs in this one as well. So, if I misrepresented you as some annoying fanboy who goes berserk and wishes death upon viewers who don't like your fave, I apologize. :)

ETA: This goes out to SoapBoy, since this has been posted on a new page. :) And just to clarify, the joke was about the horrible ass face work.

• Members

Haha! Sorry, I didn't mean to drag you into it. I was just trying to make a point, but I apologize for it. And haha, no I'm not like that. I love Jackie, but I will be the first to say her face is a travesty. And I love Kimberly McCullough, but I'll be the first to tell you she has the worst teeth in daytime! Haha, sorry if I came off as a crazy fanboy. Didn't mean to :)

Archived