Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Yay for Larry! I hope they can coax VicPri to contribute in some way. That interview seems nice. I would listen to it, but I always feel awkward listening to interviews...she seems like she's in a good place in the transcript, though.

Screwing around with the Barnes family is stupid. That girl should be seen as just as important to the "next generation" aspect as John Ross and Christopher. I wonder if they'll even remember old Cliffy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing with Barnes angle is it was all Ken Kercheval. I don't see how you include a Barnes element without him, and he doesn't seem to be part of the crew being asked back. KK always gets left out when people think of who it was that made Dallas. He was there from the 1st episode to the last, and I don't think Dallas would have been nearly as good without him.

• Members

Pam isn't dead, but I don't see the point in her returning.imo The only people that really need to comeback for a while are: Sue Ellen, Jr, bobby, and Cliff. They are afterall the people that raised the next generation, pam didn't raise christopher. Ok, maybe it would be a little interesting to see pam come back into christopher's life after 20 plus years.

• Members

My question is about southfork are they going to use that set? An if so how are they gonna get rid of jr? because he would never leave southfork back then why would he leave now. All of these revamped shows 90210, melrose place all have a thing about getting rid of the older actors after a season or two, they pretty much are just brought out to give the show a lift anyway. I actually hope they have the younger crew live in dallas instead of just outside of dallas.

• Members

I could be wrong, but I can totally see them using Southfork more as a weekend getaway for the younger generation. It's "hipper, sexier" to have them in sleek apartments in town where they can enjoy the nightlife and such.

• Members

Yeah that JR spoiler is from tv guide. BTW, Pamela on Ultimate Dallas revealed the plot of the original script. Apparently John Ross' wife Becky was Cliff and Afton's daughter Rebecca Pamela. She was married to John Ross, but had a child with Christopher if i recall correctly. Cliff died in the pilot but told Christopher the family history before his death. Also Afton had gone mad at this point, but her mother did play a part in the series as a Miss Ellie type of figure.

Archived