Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool! I feel like ANY casting news is good news, I guess I need reassurance that this is really a go and won't be dropped at any moment. :lol: But I had to ^_^ to myself when I read that because she's totally of the ilk of actors I was expecting to be cast. I've always thought she was beautiful (she looks goofy in that pic, it doesn't do her justice). Wasn't she with Mark Wahlberg? Points lost for that. But the whole gorgeous daughter of the servant thing is a little played out, wouldn't you all agree? Still looking forward to this, good or bad. :lol:

• Members

I've only seen minimal Santa Barbara, but I can't shake Santana from my head after reading that. I wonder if Elena is planned to be a sort of sweet-come-money-hungry vixen who beds both boys, gets rich in the process and turns into sort of an Alexis clone.

• Members

I hope the girls are as complex as Donna, Early!Pam and Sue Ellen. I hope the writing in general is as well scripted with those umbrella arcs that Dallas was known for. So far she's an interesting choice. I can't wait to see the final cast. I'm guessing if picked up this will air in the fall?

• Members

He, like Brewster, seems very bland, but who knows. So far this remake isn't doing a lot for me. I still wonder why they aren't bringing back characters like Cliff or Lucy. JR's greatest hits became very played out in the show's last 5+ years.

• Members

Bad casting for John Ross and too young. Considering TNT has found success with adult characters, I'm surprised they didn't cast actors in their mid-30s. Not sure how old Henderson is, but he reads 20s to me. Bland is right. Dallas (like Knots) was so well written I just can't see modern TV doing it justice. I can't see them slowly building a season that can culminate in "Who Shot JR?" That was a masterclass right there.

Carl, in one of the recent scripts it includes Donna, Ray, Lucy, Jenna and JACK Ewing (played by the deceased Dack Rambo). I can't believe nobody noticed that Rambo was dead when deciding to include his character. Those people come back for a wedding. In an earlier version of the script Rebecca was actually Cliff and Afton's daughter Pamela Rebecca. Afton had gone made, Cliff was set to die in the pilot (before telling Christopher about the Barnes/Ewing fued) and Afton's mom Arliss would be a Miss Ellie type. Now Cidre changed it so Rebecca is unrelated and the Barnes won't be featured with the Ewing/Barnes history being re-written and minimized.

Ultimate Dallas said the hardest parts for the fans will be that Elena's history with the Ewing's is a retcon and of course the Barnes being written out.

Archived