July 5-9, 2010

Toups

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But he was asked about his gut feeling on the future of OLTL and he clearly feels much better about it. The only thing that would make him feel more optimistic about OLTL would be one of his moles telling that AMC is being targeted, no? Whatever happens with DOOL and the CBS shows doesn't impact OLTL's odds at ABC.

• Members

Maybe he feels that this whole cutting 20 episodes thing ABC is doing means that all 3 ABC soaps are safe for a minute, and that DAYS (I personally think B&B ) could go before ABC finally decides to can it.

I do want OLTL to outlive AMC, but not because I am a crazy fanboy. I just enjoy the show more and love its vibe, and want it to survive.

• Members

I feel the same way. Pratt ruined AMC for me. I have to leave my beloved Angie and Jessie behind. I guess I'm one of those who tuned and has no plans to return. Also, they moved to show to LA and I'm a stone cold Manhattanite and as trifling as it may sound, I won't forgive ABC for taking away that little piece of NY.

• Members

Here's a look at some online viewing numbers. Lots of soap info mixed in throughout. Looks like Days is the most-watched show on NBC.com in June...

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/16/abc%e2%80%99s-the-gates-is-june%e2%80%99s-no-1-program-in-unique-viewers-the-bachelorette-is-no-1-in-total-streams/57324

via press release:

ABC.com Ranks as the No. 1 Online Broadcast Site for June 2010, Taking the Top Spot for the 6th Consecutive Month

ABC’s Freshman Series “The Gates” is June 2010’s No. 1 Program in Unique Viewers, While “The Bachelorette’ Is the Month’s No. 1 in Total Streams

Based on data as reported from Nielsen VideoCensus for June 2010, the first month of the summer, ABC.com (3.4 million UVs) ranked as the No. 1 online broadcast site for the month in Unique Viewers. ABC.com’s finish represented the 6th straight month (Jan ’10 – Jun ‘10) that the ABC website has taken the top spot. ABC.com beat CBS Television by 42% (2.4 million UVs), NBC.com by 79% (1.9 million UVs) Fox Broadcasting by 89% (1.8 million UVs), and Cwtv.com by 1385% (229,000 UVs).

ABC.com was up in Unique Viewers over the year-ago month (3.4 million UVs vs. 3.3 million UVs).

Program Highlights – Unique Viewers (June ‘10)

For viewing of full episodes and short-form content, ABC.com owned 7 of the Top 10 spots during June ’10, including the No. 1 series, with the freshman drama “The Gates.”

ABC.com’s Top 10 entries include “The Gates” (No. 1 – 814,000 Unique Viewers), “The Bachelorette” (No. 2 – 797,000 million UVs), “General Hospital” (No. 3 – 646,000 UVs), “All My Children” (No. 6 – 422,000 UVs), “True Beauty” (No. 7 – 418,000 UVs), “One Life to Live” (No. 9 – 338,000 UVs) and “Wipeout” (No. 10 – 329,000 UVs).

Program Highlights – Total Streams (June ‘10)

For Total Streams, ABC.com had 5 of the Top 10 shows in June ’10, included the No. 1 program with “The Bachelorette.”

ABC.com’s Top 10 entries in Total Streams include “The Bachelorette” (No. 1 – 14.4 million Total Streams), “General Hospital” (No. 4 – 7.0 million TS), “The Gates” (No. 6 – 4.6 million TS), “Lost” (No. 8 – 3.3 million TS) and “All My Children” (No. 10 – 3.1 million TS).

Broadcast Network Websites – Unique Viewers (June ‘10)

Name Unique Viewers

No. 1 ABC.com 3.4 million

No. 2 CBS Television 2.4 million

No. 3 NBC.com 1.9 million

No. 4 Fox Broadcasting 1.8 million

No. 5 Cwtv.com 229,000

Top 10 Programs – Unique Viewers (June ‘10)

Program Net Unique Vieers

No. 1 The Gates ABC 814,000

No. 2 The Bachelorette ABC 797,000

No. 3 General Hospital ABC 646,000

No. 4 Glee FOX 483,000

No. 5 Late Show CBS 442,000

No. 6 All My Children ABC 422,000

No. 7 True Beauty ABC 418,000

No. 8 Young and the Restless CBS 388,000

No. 9 One Life to Live ABC 338,000

No.10 Wipeout ABC 329,000

Top 10 Programs – Total Streams (June ‘10)

Program Net Total Streams

No. 1 The Bachelorette ABC 14.4 million

No. 2 Young and the Restless CBS 12.9 million

No. 3 Glee Fox 10.4 million

No. 4 General Hospital ABC 7.0 million

No. 5 Days of Our Lives NBC 5.0 million

No. 6 The Gates ABC 4.6 million

No. 7 America’s Got Talent NBC 3.6 million

No. 8 Lost ABC 3.3 million

No. 9 Hell’s Kitchen FOX 3.2 million

No.10 All My Children ABC 3.1 million

• Members

Uggh, perish the thought, I don't need those damn kids stinking up my AMC.

You think it was easier telling Susan Lucci and David Canary they had to switch coasts? :lol:

So true.

As fangirlish as it may sound I still think ABC is relativley dedicated to all their soaps, maybe some more than others but I honestly don't think they are waiting for an excuse to cancel any of their soaps unlike the other networks.

AMC went down in the rating after that awful Rylee promo, I'm not surprised, here's hoping they bounce right back up next week.

• Members

I'm still not sure what these measurements mean. The implied definition of unique viewers would seem to be number of individuals watching. That's rather self-explanatory. The streams, however, could include full episodes, commercials, or any other special video that is featured on NBC.com under the Days title. So I don't think we can infer that 5 million episodes of Days were viewed. As internet viewing becomes more prevelant (especially when SoapNet leaves the air) it'll be nice to have firmer definitions of what these terms mean exactly, and whether they make any difference at all when it comes to Days' bottom-line.

• Members

I don't know the difference between a 'unique' and 'total' hit except for unique brings in more money. Nevertheless, over 12 million for Y&R is a huge number and better than the ranking of any soap back in the supposed heyday of daytime TV in the 1980's--add that to the shows weekly 5 million and you have close to 17 million Americans viewing some or part of a soap! Umm, this means the genre is still popular; however, no one has mastered a solid means for online advert profit. I'm guessing cancelled World Turns must have been in the top 20 given rankings for the other soaps. With so many people working funky schedules, online TV is the future. We will eventually be downloading our shows like music at the iTunes Store. I love the idea of building my own primetime minus DVR or TiVo.

I don't know which, AMC or OLTL, is more 'popular' given the fact that AMC is tanking in the ratings. Going by rank, OLTL must have a bit more street cred these days. Also, popularity will vary with age and younger people drift towards One Life. The 1.6 last week was GL kind of ugly but the demos stay so solid while, post Pratt, AMC drifts downward.

I still wish that CBS would send their remaining soaps to CW for a four day a week prime time run. I'll bet almost anything that the ratings would go up with Y&R getting atleast 7 million viewers. The future of daytime is primetime. Even Oprah is dropping and I honestly don't think it has to do with talk show fatigue.

I'd love to see what unemployed people in this recession are watching during their days off. I'm willing to bet soaps top.

Archived