July 5-9, 2010

Toups

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm actually glad OLTL went up, just because I don't want to see the show die, but I wonder if this is a temporary blip. The show seems so uneven now, and the ratings go up and down, albeit much more down than up in the past six months.

Has B&B always had such poor demos?

• Members

I'm reading this thread and wondering are some people really that pissed that OLTL went up? I kind of figured least weeks low rating was a fluke. The ratings are what they are. I don't understand what that back and forth stuff was about.

• Members

I wouldn't take it personally. I don't think OLTL is going anywhere any time soon. They don't have to like or watch it. I used to be like you and defend OLTL all the time, but it's a waste of energy. People are going say what they are going to say, but in the end it makes nary bit of difference.

• Members

OLTL is godawful right now. But I do love how our agendas are clearly in our signatures and Avatars. :)

Even though I barely watch OLTL once a week because the show is so terrible, it will always be MY show and I giggle any week it beats AMC handily in the demos.

But despite my disdain for AMC, I hear that the show is pretty solid and that the fans are relatively happy with it. So what the heck, I am glad for AMC's fans.

But just like when OLTL was great, the ratings didn't reflect it, and AMC's ratings generally don't reflect its quality either. Hey it was ABC's highest viewed show for a few weeks. I do wonder why its 18-49 rating sucks so bad.. Spin all you want fans, but AMC is really tanking in this demo and showing no signs of recovering.

• Members

I'm not debating OLTL against AMC! I watch both shows. I couldn't care less about that stuff. All I was saying is that OLTL isn't always last after ATWT as stated. That was my only point. I know .9 isn't anything to write home about, but it's better than some of the other shows. I'm enjoying OLTL, and I hope they continue to rise in the ratings. It would be a shame if OLTL was cancelled!

• Members

Angela, I don't think that most people really understand this. Other than Y&R, all the demos are a nightmare for the networks which is why CBS cancelled ATWT and GL and ABC is desperately cutting production costs for its soaps. People get caught up in the weekly fluctuations overlooking the overall downward trends. All these soaps are going in a few years and only Y&R will be left standing.

• Members

I actually agree with oltl_fan that cutting 20 episodes a year has given the ABC soaps more time....I just don't think it's much more time, lol. No ABC soap will be canceled this year, I can guarantee that...but it's quite possible that one show will go at the end of 2011, just in time for SOAPNet to go off the air.

I know people gripe about the OLTL vs. AMC stuff, but the fact is...it exists. Unfortunately for fans of both shows, however, the "winner" of the smackdown will last no longer than one year after the other one goes. :(

Still, I'm bucking the "accepted" rhetoric in the press, and I'm betting that AMC goes first...but not until the end of 2012 (I reserve the right to change this prediction if ratings trends suddenly shift in the opposite direction :D )

• Members

The reasons GH went up:

1. The car bomb----probably if it was the cliffhanger for Friday.

2. Franco---a big NO..he was a flop the last time around.

3. jason and Michael are out of jail-----nah

4. Anticipation of Brenda's return---I highly doubt it

5. Stupid Carly revenge plot against Dante has been shoved aside

Archived