July 5-9, 2010

Toups

• Members

For what it's worth Jamey Giddens has confirmed that he was not referring to DOOL when he stated last week that his sources are telling him OLTL is not going to be the next show to go. So it has to be AMC.

Interestingly some of the actors mentioned at AMC's fan club luncheon last summer that they were told that if the show did not move to LA then it would only survive "a couple more years". As it turns out it looks like it may not even hit the one year mark in LA, depending on the time frame for this.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know how true this is and I don't watch AMC at all, but the truth be told, I don't want to see it go. Hopefully, they will all pick-up. On that note 60 minutes did a report on demos and how that 18-49 target with what the advertisers pay most more for and that is who they are going after. Overall HH's don't really mean that much to them. If ABC were to do the correct thing business wise and they had to pick, AMC would be the next logical show to go. Again, I don't think they want to get rid of any, but only time will tell.

• Members

Me too. If after a year they haven't made improvements in the bottom line then they're screwed but no way would the suits green light a move then cancel a few months later.

Is that based on current information or are they just repeating the same thing people have been saying for years?

• Members

The biggest question is why do they even keep Julie Carruthers on at AMC: LA?! She can't even keep her f*cking budget under control.

As much as I hate to say it, if Ellen Wheeler were to come to AMC: LA, at least the show would stay under budget and she would at least get rid of some of these ridiculous supercouples with rabid fanbases that have run their course(i.e. Zendall, Rylee).

I don't understand why a show that is overbudget needs to bring back these couples and these actors that put the show in the position that they got into in the first place.

• Members

Agreed. I'm not going to pretend to know how they work out their budgets, but it has to be expensive to fly the actors who still live on the East Coast back and forth. Lucci, Williams, Morgan and any others.

• Members

+1

I like Greenlee, I admit, and I'm fine with Ryan staying on the canvas in the diminished capacity he did earlier this Spring--I'm even fine with Kendall (as long as there's no way Zach will be on long at all), but I think ou're completely right. Ratings have hardly been stellar since Zendall left, and Rylee was downplayed, but they also weren't significantly higher when those couples were featured--at all to my knowledge.

JHC has never had any vision for the show IMHO--back in the day if a show was doing poorly, it seems they'd think about replacing the EP at least as quickly as they would the HW--yet she's stayed on through several unsucessful writing regimes--why? I know Ed Scott also said he's always loved AMC and implied now that it was West Coast he wouldn't mind being there--I know he's not a figure without controvercy, and I have no idea how he'd do at AMC, but at this point I'm ready to take any EP who actually might have some sort of vision for the show. I was hoping--and still am though it seems foolish--that they just wanted to keep JHC for the move to have some sort of staff consistancy, etc and would soon replace her.

I thought Lucci was the only one ABC really did that with--and the others like Debbi Morgan (who lives in Connecticut or somewhere, right?) stay for much longer stretches of time in LA.

Archived