July 5-9, 2010

Toups

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is a done deal. SOD said so in its Breaking News section a few days ago, I have no idea what will go down with the WGA though.

That's what I keep hearing them say on those DC podcasts, but I really don't buy it. AMC may be a more known soap, but OLTL is pulling better demos, and isn't it still cheaper? I don't see how it couldn't be with AMC having just gotten new HWs, a bigger studio, and filming in HD.

• Members
I agree with this part of your post. Why is it that people think Y&R's demo 18-49 of 1.6 is good for them, it's not good and the network expects this to be higher, it used to be higher. With the influx of guest stars, supposedly great actors from previous soaps, MM the self-proclaimed, egotistical saviour of Y&R who increases ratings and viewership :rolleyes: , why aren't the ratings/viewership going up by a large# and in a consistent manner. At this rate, someone is going to have unexpected trouble that they would rather not have to deal with. :lol:

• Members

Daytime Confidential published a report on OLTL being the cheapest ABC soap in 2008. They also said that it was making the most profit, and some of their profits were being spent on AMC to help them out because they were overbudget and not making any money. I haven't heard anything on the subject since.

• Members

I think when both AMC and OLTL were in NY, AMC was the more expensive soap so it does make more sense to move AMC than OLTL. Now with AMC in LA and OLTL still in NY, I still think OLTL is cheaper but not by much. Would also like to see the budgets of these shows.

Archived