Y&R Discussion for week of June 28

• Members

That's what I think too. I have a very hard time believing Adam is going to get one over on Victor.

I was not OK with what Kevin did to Lily, but it wasn't pedophilia, either by the legal definition or the dictionary one. Right or wrong we live in a country where 15 year olds can get married in several states (with parental consent), so it doesn't surprise me that they were able to keep Kevin around. People get away with statutory rape all the time and people hardly blink. IMO, they should have had him do some time like Michael did.

ETA: Good God, I just looked it up and several states have a marriage age of 14 with parental consent and in New Hampshire it's actually 13. That is totally f*cked up.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It most certainly was.

It was pedophilia & rape.

Kevin preyed on underage girls.

Lily was NOT the first & was only the last (for now) to keep Kevin's useless ass on the show.

There is so much wrong with the above statement especially as it pertains to (or doesn't) Kevin & Lily.

There's a reason statutory rape laws exist & are persecuted.

• Members

They kept him around because Veiwers was ok with what he did to CKLily. I just can't picture them being ok if it was a young female character people liked.

& I think it's funny that Adam isn't allow to do anything to a Newman when he's one himself.

• Members

like Colleen? You think if he had done that to her, he'd be out? How about him trying to barbecue her alive? I wasnt watching back then so I dont know how the fan reaction was for that. Wasnt Fonesca's Colleen really popular? Did Kevin get blasted for that?

• Members

I don't know what the fans reaction was. But Colleen fans gotten a paid off when Kevin try to babecue her alive. They got to see JT carrying her out in his arms in a romantic way. Would you complain about Colleen almost getting cook after seeing something so romantic?

I'm one of those people who didn't care what he did to CKLily. But if it was a better actress in the role. I would have cause a fuss.

• Members

Yep.

He did & that was what EVERYTHING his horrible ass ever did was reduced too.

Colleen became his ultimate victim & even THAT didn't last cause the MINUTE Adrianne became Colleen she was totally blasted for even mentioning it.

• Members

I do think Patty has some mental issues that clouts her sense of right or wrong. By that I mean she doesn't know how bad it is to poison a child. When she killed and tossed that bird through a window looked like she couldn't control her anger either. Haiduk does a much better job of generating sympathy than Rikkart and Muhney do. I still want her gone, she's been overexposed and needs a long rest if she is ever to be redeemed.

That's true, but this soap doesn't have any good guys. The closet we are are either in the background, props, or sorry excuses like Nick Newman.

• Members

Well wasnt going to watch this crapfest of a show and then I decided to see what was going on

DAMN...SEEING CHANCE STRIP NAKED TO HIS HOT BRIEFS...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....FUCK1 THAT WAS THE BEST/HOTEST THING ON Y7R IN A LONG TIME1

• Members

Um why does Chance have to watch the bitch? Isnt he a detective? Why doesnt she have a bodyguard or regular cop? And why do I get the feeling that she's "trying to kill herself"? She coems across as so pathetic that she's setting this all up for attention.

Chloe moves out of the mansion so she can be with Kevin so she can watch Chance and bitch? Really? She's better than this.

• Members

I KNOW, they finally give us something worth watching! And they weren't BLACK.. anymore, they always seem to use black underwear to hide any of the detail from us, but NOT TODAY! It's about damn time. But holey moley, Riegel has NO sexual chemistry onscreen whatsoever. Vail would have been great in scenes like today's, with that repressed, "horny librarian" vibe she had. And seeing Riegel over the past weeks has hit home what a LACK OF RANGE she has. She reminds me of Deborah Adair... she plays EVERY character she is cast as EXACTLY the same way.

• Members

OK OK OK... TWICE IN ONE WEEK they take one of MY IDEAS and twist it into something craptastic. Tommorrow's previews show Jill legally changing her name to FENMORE???? On this very board last year, I said how I thought that I would like to see Jill proclaim that Liz was the only mother she ever wanted, or needed, and that she should take back her maiden name of Foster.. LEGALLY. And that STILL would ahve been a perfect thing for her to do after Liz's death, but NO.... they have to do something ridiculous like THIS.

Archived