Y&R Discussion for week of June 28

• Members

And what's worse is the constant sucking up certain actors do in the media even though they know Y&R is in horrible shape.

Instead of being honest about the abysmal state of Y&R actors like Bergman & Bregman give flowery interviews that are more about them staying frontburner than making any real creative change occur.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's more, people go on and on about their incredible 18-49 demos and how they're contantly #1 ih that category. If you look closely at their numbers, though, their demos aren't really that impressive. The show does almost double the HH numbers of what is usually its closest demo competitor--GH--yet its demos aren't that far ahead of GH's. That tells me that a huge bulk of their audience is over 49, which can't be good news for anyone. Do we know what the age of their average viewer is? I remember seeing a breakdown of the ABC shows somewhere (this board?) a little while back, and they had something like GH at 50, OLTL as 51, and AMC at 53.

• Members

Peter Bergman can be somewhat passive-aggressive. He lauds the show while giving little digs. I specifically remember him doing this in interviews where he discussed GhostJohn and Patty/Emily/Lauren/Sarah. If I were him, I'd be more than a little worried. He's up there in age, his leading lady's been fired, the feud with Victor is beyond played out, and he's essentially been eclipsed by Billy Miller as the central male Abbott. He just seems increasingly irrelevant. He costs a pretty penny, and with more budget cuts coming, he could be on the chopping block.

• Members

There is no such thing as a central male Abbott at this point. The family is dead.

I do agree that Bergman is probably on the way out. The main reason he's there now is to make Victor look good. If they can find someone else to do that, like Tucker, then there won't be any use for Jack.

• Members

I agree. It is a damn shame that this actress sucks so bad, that I am wishing her character just dies of cancer. Not exactly the type of reaction CK was going for.

And what's even worse is that if she went , 99.9% of the Winters' airtime would be gone also.

Archived