Y&R Discussion for week of June 28

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They were obviously looking to beef up the younger cast, and saw these talented AMC cast-offs with some soap experience as viable hires. I mean, these actors, for the most part, are competent, though Eden is severely miscast. Not that VB was so great (she wasn't IMO) but Riegel is just wrong for the part on so many levels. This has got to be one of the worst recasts in daytime history, right up there with the Allison Taylor/Susan Batten catastrophe on ATWT in the 90s. The problem with Eden is that she has little sex appeal and just cannot play sexy. Though she's well into her 20s, something about her projects pubescent teenager, and putting her in sexual situations just gives off a creepy vibe. She was fine as an essentially asexual lesbian on AMC (which is just what AMC and ABC wanted), but she falls flat with any situation requiring a degree of sexuality. JMO.

• Members

It's sad that Neil sold the club. I also find it's ashame that they didn't name the girl twin after Dru. That could be telling us, that they might be trying to erase the Winters. Because the Winters never be the same since Dru went over the cliff. CKLily just isn't cutting it. I have another theory about why the daughter name starts with a M.

• Members

The roles are meaningless to them, they just think if they hire a "name" from another soap, that's all that matters. That's why Liz Hendrickson was dumped in a role which changed personality and motivation about a hundred times until they finally gave up and decided to hope glomming previous AMC co-stars onto her would make her a hit. Or the Stephen Nichols mess, where they completely waste him on one of the most worthless roles in the history of Y&R, and assume that they can get viewers because GH fans might want to see him take off his shirt every few months or stare into space with Mr. Magoo lenses.

• Members

And then the actors fanbases from other shows arrogantly act like their actors belong there more than Y&R's own actors while desperately trying to spin whatever crap TPTB give THEIR actors as THE GREATEST STORIES EVER.

• Members

Those fanbases are insane, especially the BAM fans. I'm sure BAMers are waiting with baited breath for Eden and Liz to have a storyline together on Y&R. Not watching the show much these days, but it looks like Heather is crushing on Chloe's bf Chance? It all sounds so contrived and orchestrated to draw in BAM fans and lapsed AMC viewers. And all, probably, at the expense of coherent storytelling.

• Members

BAM has been quiet so far surprisingly. :lol:

Thus far the Nichols & Miller fans have been causing the most drama & before that it was The Irizarry people.

They weren't gonna give Mac one of their precious Token babies.

They need to keep those kids at least 1/16th Brown so they can continue to act like they're diverse. :lol:

• Members

I still think Cane shouldn't be tie down to CKLily for life. I know you don't like him. But he's so much better without her character. I really hope one of the kids doesn't make it while the other one life hangs in the balance.

Specking of the brown token kids. They can always give her another pregnancy. I mean all she does is date white guys. There other token browns to be concieve. Why it got to be Cane the fraud illegal immgrant. He has no ties to anybody. So when they do decide to write him out we have to deal with her being a teen minded single mother.

Archived