Y&R: Actor Confirms His Return To The Show

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The main difference with EJ and Adam is that there is no Victor Newman on Y&R, or a Nick. The show worships these two men and they will probably always come first. Adam exists to be their foil. They made a half-assed effort to try to redeem him for about five minutes last year, but that seemed to only be for some sort of big dramatic shock when he was found out.

• Members

Oh, I know he's got a little job security for now. Ma Bell and the Beastie Boys see Adam as some sort of "What what he'll do next!!" villain, so they're gonna ride that wave into shore. I'm just saying, though, he's always rubbed me the wrong way. It's always seemed to me that MM is content with Y&R and the fans he's gotten from it up to a certain point. When nobody else is knocking on the door, he's tweeting up a storm about how much he enjoys Y&R, but when the opportunity for something else/better arises, he's gone faster than the speed of light. Which is his right, of course, but eh, he just really wears obnoxiousness on the front of his shirt.

Good.

See? I brought it up, and it did not become a big to-do.

• Members

I like them too because we all know that those acts were just to demonize him and make him look like garbage so his hypocritical piece of crap father can look down on him. They were also done to prop up Nick and Victoria. Y&R was definitely channeling GH with this "Evil Brother" crap. GH did it with AJ and Rick so Sonny and Jason would look like the heroes.

• Members

And if it wasn't some publicity ploy, and Paul and Maria really did welcome him back? Well, I'm sorry, but those two are more desperate than I'd realized.

I, for one, could never write for any actor whom I couldn't depend on for the long haul. Not that these people know anything at all about long-term planning, but how the hell can you plan anything if you don't know, or are not sure, a particular actor won't get itchy feet again come next pilot season? If you do plan ahead, but he decides it's time to test the waters once more...? Well, [!@#$%^&*], there goes your big story for Sweeps! And if he can't book [!@#$%^&*] and wants to come back? Well, now, see, we've moved on, Mr. Muhney -- but oh, okay, let's pull at the story threads once again so we can squeeze you in.

It's a terrible way to craft solid stories with real momentum, quite frankly.

• Members

No surprise whatsoever that MM is back.

How sad that half the cast should be in jail, yet somehow Adam will be redeemed like all the others.

But he'll probably be seen in the jail set for a few weeks,before a 'technicality' sees him set free.

The writing is awful these days.

Maybe it will be revealed that he is not Adam after all and has been under mind control by the Jeff Branson character.

• Members

I have to laugh at the suggestion that there is "security in daytime". Since when? Ask Vail Bloom, for example. Recast in a heartbeat. The whole "magic" of daytime is that characters are on and off the canvas all the time; recasting happens; SORAS; BUDGET CUTS, etc. Why wouldn't someone like MM go on pilot season? He also had a prime time background, so that's a logical place for him to consider. As far as MM's tweets, I follow him and lots of others, including VR and she definitely works it. Good for them both -- they've got their followings and are using this media as a way of connecting with their fans. Believe me, I don't think MM is the cat's meow compared to the other actors on the show, but he did pretty well considering he stepped into a recast at a weird time and then the bizarro writing. FTR -- I cut off Y&R as soon as we saw Sarah's face, and I'm a long way from returning.

• Members

DeeeDee and Ruxton Hills, ya'll cracking me up! Wasn't she supposed to be making her way over to B&B or Y&R or something? Or did she get lost trying to follow the trail of crumbs???

Archived