Y&R: Actor Confirms His Return To The Show

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

actually i think y&r's quality and writing is going the way amc did. its not like amc, but amc went from such rich stories pre-2002 to what it is now. it cannot even get back to that amc of old because of fronz and his fab 3 or 4. well i'm sensing y&r is going this exact same pattern, they keep adding to the cast with actors that don't suit y&r, y&r hasnt been a bell-like soap since 2006, y&r is now trying to be trendy like amc did. we won't get back the bell-like soap anymore, and i never thought y&r would do that.

• Members

After all Adam did, I don't see how they can redeem him.

Today's US show is kind of creepy in the Sharon/Adam angst. Seems like out of nowhere she's thinking of him fondly in how he treated her. If they have her take him back after all he did then that's ridiculous.

• Members

Exactly.

For once, Sharon has decided to put her baby (Faith) and herself before everything else. Now, maybe the writers will "test" that w/ Adam's reappearance, and leave it there. Something tells me, however, even after Sharon has ordered him out of her and Faith's lives, they'll really up the stakes by revealing she's pregnant again. Either that, or her recent little trip through the cornfield during "spraying season" will have major physical repercussions down the road, leaving Sharon and Faith vulnerable to Adam, who will use her illness as an excuse to the court for why he needs to stay out of jail (i.e., Sharon's ill, she needs round-the-clock care, only he, as her (still legal) husband, can provide that, yada yada).

Either way, too, they'll use Sharon's sudden predicament and Adam's immediate response to that as a way of "redeeming" Adam for the audience. I see it coming, and I know I'm not alone in saying, I'm not falling for it.

• Members

He's not her legal husband. It was annulled, they pointed out so last week when they were trying to get the body tested.

I don't see how she was almost dead last week, with drugs and on medical machines and them not know she was pregnant if she was. I don't think a pregnancy story is going to happen here. Too much time has passed and Sharon has half dead last week. A simple blood test would have outed it back then.

They are however using the Adam was there for her and let her be her own strong person thing against her. But if she lets him back into her life she needs to head right back to the psych ward. He kidnapped her kid, let her think it was dead, gave it to Ashley and robbed her of all that time. That's unforgivable.

• 2 months later...

Archived