GH: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It would come full circle really. Ideally, I'd want Michael involved with the Quartermaines, but since that would all but emasculate him, I'd settle for just full on Cassie hate.

That was different. Michael was a rebellious punk, but he never told his mother that he hated her and that he wishes that she wasn't his mother. That's the kind of hate I want coming out of Michael. I want Michael blaming his mother for his stint in prison because of the environment in which he was raised. I never saw that from Drew Garrett's Michael.

I want the entitled shrew known as Cassie Layne crucified and further marginalized. I had really high hopes for her when she first arrived(because I thought Tamara was just so f6cking bland and chemistry-free with her costars), but all Laura Wright ever knows how to play is stupid spoiled whore. I'm still mad about how insincere and flippant she conveyed Carly's line about Michael growing up with the Quartermaines came off. It's like she didn't even bother dissecting the dialouge and really understanding how that could have been a small moment of realization and maybe even growth for Carly. Instead, she uttered that line with that typical eyerolling, hair-tossing, smug grin of hers. After everything Carly has done with keeping Morgan away from Sonny(allowing Jax to adopt him) and how mad she is at all the players involved, you would think Wright would at least bother to understand what that line meant to her character and to the audience, after years of Carly being a mob sympathizer.

Not only is Laura Wright doing a terrible job infusing a little bit of vulnerability, but with this latest storyline involving her sneaking around and breaking up Dante/Lulu, you'd assume she went to the NBC soap vixen's school of acting; the difference is that Sarah Buxton can actually play this sh*t.

I know you like her detroit and my rant had really nothing to do with you liking her at all. She's not even at the top of my list of actresses that I hate, but I wish Laura Wright would stop mugging for the damn cameras and acting like she's hot sh*t every five seconds. Even as a businesswoman, the "streetfighter," trailer-trash Carly we've come to know would never act like a varsity cheerleader, even if she was getting petty revenge against two kids.

• Members

I'm R. Sinclair, and I approve this message.

Now, for an addendum:

As far as the "Cassie Layne becoming marginalized" wish I also share becoming realized, it will be interesting to see how the Laura Wright character will be written in the near future.

• Members

My ABC affiliate had some technical difficulties so I'm gonna have to catch todays ep on SoapNet in standard definition dry.gif

I have to admit, I was kind of disapointed with the way she delivered that line. I really don't think Carly was supposed to mean what she was saying in those set of scenes with Sonny though. It seemed to me like she was deliberately saying the most hurtful things she could to him so he'd stop asking questions and buy her forgiving Lulu.

This whole storyline feels like something you'd typically see on one of the NBC soaps, and none of the writers, directors, and actors are doing a good job with it IMO. And yeah, LW's never been good at making Carly vulnerable, that's one of my only problems with her version.

Nothing really changed the last time whatsherface showed up or when SJB came on as Claudia so I'm not expecting much of a difference.

• Members
I think Laura will get to keep her contract, but bye bye airtime. When Sarah Joy came on board, Carly was slowly relegated to "Mother of the Year." Dressing in really bland outfits, crying all the time, etc. Carly was also pregnant and that may have had something to do with it, but nonetheless Carly was sidelined for Claudia.

• Members

It was hilarious when what's her face returned the last time, Carly was relegated to buying fruits and "preparing" dinner as Sonny and Jason fretted over what's her face. A lot probably had to do with Tamara Braun being very green in the role, but make no mistake, Carly might have been on, but she was doing very little and looking like a total desperate idiot, more so than usual.

Archived