• Members

With the close of As the World Turns just less than four months away, where will some of your favorite actors pop up? Only six soaps remain so it isn't exactly as if there are many jobs open as we've seen with many GL fan favs. I'm guesing that some of the actors who remain in NYC, especially older vets, will end up on Broadway. A few ATWT actors probably have gigs lined up and others will be in high demand; however, certain other actors will probably never be seen on TV again. ATWT has some of the best acting talent on daytime so many of the actors have good odds at finding work.

Here are a few of my guesses as to who will end up on other soaps:

Maura West: Carly has basically been star of ATWT for over a decade and I could easily see OLTL wanting to sign the star ASAP.

Kelly Hensley: She and he husband, John, say they are planning a move out west. This makes me think that possibly another soap has asked her to join. She would a great fit for Y&R and has already done one very short tour in Genoa City. She would make a great rival for Jill, Cloe, or even Kay. I'd love to see her as Jack Abbot's latest wife.

Eric Sheffer Stevens: He has done a great job playing Reid and is a great actor who would fit in anywhere.

Colleen Zenk-Pinter: Aging vet which makes work hard to find but she is so well known in the industry and could easily be used as a recast for a vet in a contract dispute. She would have been a great new Jill on Y&R had Jess Walton not backed down.

Michael Park: I could see him on GH.

Liz Hubbard: Could easily do a short term stint on any show but would be a perfect fit for B&B. That show needs someone to play out the high energy of Sally Spectra.

Van Hanis: The industry loves him and it might be fun to see him in a str8 role.

I think Trent Dawson, Roger Howarth and Julie Pinson might all find work because these actors are well liked and somewhat connected. Both Howarth and Pinson have been other shows and Dawson seems to have carved out his own niche.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be a terrible thing. I hope he remembers what made him jump ship all those times before and decline any phone calls he may receive from the show once ATWT ends. There's gotta be another bad pilot or lame recurring role on a teen drama for Howarth to pursue after his current gig ends. I was once a fan of his Todd, but he forfeited all that the last time he jumped ship. I don't want him and his fickle devotion (or that scar) back.

• Members

I'm pretty sure Lesli didn't leave B&B. She's been appearing on both (though if you're anyone other than Ridge and Brooke and the flavour of the month star they choose to be in a story, you're usually not seen and not heard.) So, "appearing" might be a strong word choice.

• Members

Absolutely. IMO, as insufferable as Todd is now, he was even more so when Roger Howarth was playing the role. Furthermore, because TSJ has his legions of admirers, too; and because then-HW's Michael Malone and Josh Griffith accounted for the recast by having Todd undergo off-screen cosmetic surgery, I would not put it past OLTL to do some DAYS-esque "Two Todds" story, w/ TSJ's Todd exposed as an impostor, "Rapemance" w/ Marty be damned.

Archived