Sex and the City 2

YRBB

• Members

You don't mind if we make this the official movie thread? smile.gif

I don't care what anyone says, I am terribly excited about the movie, coming out May 27th.

For better or for worse, the trailer sold me! And

My God, I knew I shouldn't have seen the trailer, I gasped like a bitch in heat when I saw that.

I. cannot. wait.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So true. LOL! Unfortunately, I can't see Carrie cheating on John. She always loved him more Aidan, more than any man which how come she ended up cheating with him in the first place.

I thought I read somewhere that Carrie would have a surprise pregnancy. Was this a false rumor? No Smith Jared?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My God, did I enjoy the movie or what? It was so much hilarious fun. Yes, it was made for the masses and the excess was a bit too much, but Michael Patrick King continues to write the characters in an intimate, knowing way. I liked the combination of a self-contained story with the small continuation of the overall character arcs--it gave the movie a different feeling and set it apart from the first one, which was more an extension and resolution of the series. Without giving too much away, the moment Aidan and Carrie run into each other is brilliantly chilling (ten times more than on the trailer), there's a BRILLIANT Charlotte scene (I'm sure you'll spot it, very heartbreaking) and Samantha was, again, an incredible winner. People burst out laughing and clapping multiple times in the movie--a testament to Cattrall, who is such a powerhouse comedian. Miranda is much less prominent but nevertheless manages to do some fun things. Going back for seconds, soon.

• Members

OMG, Cattrall is a goddess. I saw her on stage a few month's back, in Noel Coward's Private Lives, and she has such a deft, light touch with comedy -- and pathos.

Going to see SATC2 tomorrow. Am bummed that SJP is the only one featured on the movie poster, though. Obviously she's the show lynchpin, but SATC was always an ensemble cast.

Archived