The Lady Gaga Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She seemed nice enough yesterday when she was with Ryan Seacrest (whom I utterly despise but that's another story). I just don't understand why she can't show that earnest, genuinely appreciative side of herself without going over the top....

People keep saying it sounds like The Fame but I'm not hearing it at all. The Fame grabbed you right from the opening notes and the lyrics were just crazy good.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

I don't think it's ever been about her music for the people who don't like her. I think they dislike her based on her crazy shenanigans (which I guess is fair enough) and the music, whether good or bad, will always be considered horrible by them. It's really the opposite of the little monsters, who will love everything she does, no matter what.

I agree, I would like to see the more down to earth side more.

I don't understand. What do you mean it's not like The Fame because that album grabbed you right from the opening notes and the lyrics were just crazy good? If the music/lyrics aren't as good it doesn't mean it's not stylistically close to it. There is no denying the fact that Applause is closer to The Fame style than Born This Way.

• Members

^

Wow. huh.png

Well, at least he said, "no anal."

Anyway,

I hate to admit this, but I sort of like the song. It's standard EDM, but the chorus is catchy and like another poster said: I can see it being really fun to dance to @ the club.

With that said regarding the song, I still find her incredibly annoying/ridiculous as a person. I liked her when she was just quirky, not completely certifiable.