GH: March 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, I think he looks very old.

By the way, back to plot:

I think Maurice has been doing much better lately, with these emotional scenes talking about his abuse. His scenes with Krissy almost had me emotional.

Same goes for Luke...He's starting to feel...NEEDED for once.

• Members

I don't think they really need to create sympathy for Ethan right now. Once they stopped propping him at Lucky's expense, I noticed his popularity go up on several boards. But then, I'm biased, since I've liked him from the start, despite some of the annoying writing surrounding his introduction.

• Members

I think they know a lot of fans will never accept Ethan as Luke's son, and the story he was in was a big flop, so they are probably never going to stop damaging others, as they never stop with Jason, or with Lucky once their golden boy returned. The funny thing is that a lot of people seemed to enjoy his friendship with Kristina, which was brutally ripped to pieces. Women always pay on this show.

• Members

I agree. I think they made a mistake when they made Krissy his second class child. I find him more sympathetic when he's in scenes with her than when he's with Michael.

Eh, there are plenty of fans who will accept him and already have. I think this story is much more about Sonny and Jason being right (as always) than doing anything for Ethan. If they were really worried about making him sympathetic, he wouldn't have left a bruise on K's arm.

• Members

They probably don't care if some fans have accepted him, they will have to keep on to prove the point multiple times. They had to rewrite things because their original plan of making him Luke's only true son, the big man compared to loser Lucky, couldn't continue once Jonathan Jackson agreed to return. So this is their way of readjusting.

I don't think the scenes with Kristina were supposed to make him look bad, I think she was supposed to come across like a desperate brat.

• Members

The only problem with the theory of this storyline being all about sonny and jason being right is that sonny is WRONG.

He doesnt believe Jason....And for once, I am enjoying jasons involvement in this storylineee...Normally i think he is dead weight, but I could totally dig him carly and michael trying to find out the truth.

• Members

The story is about Jason being right and all-knowing and noble. Sonny doesn't have to be right. He's the grieving, devastated father. The only ones who might be painted as being wrong for misjudging Ethan are people like Alexis, as they have implied several times that Kristina's abuse is all her fault.

• Members

I have been an NP fan since almost day one. People should go back and watch that initial story with Holly and all the charm and comedy bits with TG are already there. The story they have now is pretty funny the way this entire family of horrible women just come after him non-stop---and he didn't even do anything! :lol: I am hoping that spoiler you guys were talking about is true just for the comedy value alone. Ethan is starting to remind of of Jack Lemmon in "The Out-of-Towners", I just hope when all is said and done that everyone in town knows just how stupid and wrong (and vindictive in one case) Alexis, Sam and Kristina are. Luke should introduce all three to the good old parapet also. Sonny, he should just give him the Frank Smith treatment.

• Members

So it looks like I'm right: they're totally Three's Company-ing Drew Garrett until the trial is over or nearly over, as I predicted.

So, Ann_SS, I must ask: do you think Brandon Barash is a fug? I totally left him off of my not fug list and I was just curious because he was easily forgotten.

• Members

Well, yeah. Sonny is standing by his beaten down little girl. Doing for her what he couldn't do for his mother, so he still comes out looking just fine. Anyone who watches this show knows that Jason is always right. If it's between Jason and Sonny, Jason is right. This has been going on for a good 15 years.

Then why keep mentioning the bruise? Grabbing a teenager hard enough to bruise her does not a prince make. Ask yourself if Jason would ever do such a thing under these writers? Kill people, sure thing, but put his hands on a little girl, not gonna happen. Same with JJ's Lucky.

Maybe they are trying to make Ethan look better than he did when they were f*cking over GVLucky, but there is a long list of pets ahead of him. These writers are completely incapable of writing a balanced story. I think it's fair to say they are the most agenda driven writers in all of daytime. Not even Robin is safe from mob propping duty.

Archived