GH: March 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Everything on GH goes back to mob ties. Ethan is a mob wannabe. His father Luke is a mob groupie. Sonny, who is the focus of the promos (a father's pain...) and got a lot of focus in the aftermath of the beating, is a big mobster.

With the poor casting and terrible intro for Ethan, I can't help resenting his involvement in this story. I don't need to see a teenage girl get beaten up so he can be written as the real victim.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you're going to have a story about a young woman who has been abused than having a consistent thoroughline for her would be nice. Instead we're getting a lot of poor Ethan, and poor Sonny. When I read comments on the episode they focus on stuff like how dare Sam speak to Ethan that way. Kristina if she is discussed on how could she do that to Ethan, or trying to understand why she did that.

Liz's rape did seem to be more about Lucky and Luke than about herself (especially this retread), so I guess Guza just needs to make abuse and rape stories about the men being the real victims.

• Members

here is where we have to fundamentally disagree. I think Nathan Parsons is the best thing to hit GH in a long time. Here you have a rank newbie who was thrown in with the very best actors GH has to offer (Tony Geary and Jane Elliot) and he doesn't miss a beat with the comedy, or the serious scenes. Every actor is not able to hang with them. Ted King was Zeppo to their Marx Brothers. He and Tony Geary make a great comedy duo I think, and all the best actors are in this little ghetto of no airtime (TG, JE and John Ingle, soon Robin Christopher) and NP fits right in.

• Members

First, I see no reason for you to stop commenting on this story just because you see it differently than some of us. I'm sure plenty of people agree with you. My take on K's behavior is that she felt trapped by Keifer and saw Ethan as a way out of what she knew was a bad situation, even though she couldn't confront Keifer head on or ask Alexis for help.

I don't see K as manipulating Keifer at all. He's done all the manipulating in this situation. Yes, he bought her a dress, but big deal. He was manipulating her the whole time. Trying to control what she wore and playing on her insecurities the whole way, so she would pick the most revealing outfit. He bought her the dress he wanted her to wear to impress his friends. She doesn't owe him a damn thing.

Yes, this story will get some sympathy for Ethan, but I also think most people will understand why K tells the story she does. I don't see it as revenge or spite and won't unless the show has her act in a way that shows her actions are due to spite. I think she just fears Keifer and will say the first thing that pops into her head and will soon regret her mistake. Alexis' comment about good judgment not being formed until people are 25 was for a reason, imo. K is about to make a huge mistake in judgment by fingering Ethan. Of course it's wrong, but her age and inexperience are a huge factor. It doesn't change anything Keifer did.

• Members

Like I said before, overall I thought the story was set up very well. From Kiefer's abuse to Kristina's crush on Ethan. I don't like that Kristina pointed a finger at Ethan. I think that it was unnecessary and makes her less sympathetic, but it is done. I am not an Ethan fan, but if he is going to stick around they might as well find use for him. The kid who plays Kiefer is the best of the lot and it is his performances that have made this story work, imo. He has played Kiefer's manipulation, underlying menace, and unpredictable explosiveness perfectly. I would be more interested in what happens to him as a young abuser if GH was a serious drama. Kristina will get over this in a couple months and return to being a typical soap teen only for the abuse to be dragged out once in a blue moon.

You are the one who said it happens in real life. I was disputing your claim. It is one thing to say that this is a soap, it is another thing to claim that it happens in real life so it is okay for GH to do this because it usually does not. Abused women are petrified of their abusers. However, they generally don't go around accusing other men of beating them up.

Why? This is the most alive that this thread has been in ages. Say what you want to say.

• Members

SON is all about the contrary opinion. :lol: Don't stop commentating just because it goes against the status quo. And IA with you that this story should be primarily about Kristina's struggle with domestic abuse, not Ethan swooping in to save the day and then getting caught up in the drama. I do rate Ethan Parsons now that he has had time to grow on me, though.

:wub: Davis girls. Especially Molly. And Sam is awesome with her sisters and mother. I love this Sam!

I know everybody thinks the actor who plays Keifer is pretty capable but... I wasn't sold on his angry-sob moment when he told Kristina that she "made him hit her." It was a little OTT (which is saying something, considering the scene it followed). Lexi Ainsworth, however, was right on the money. Her crying really tore at me.

• Members

Hi Q! I agree about NP, I think a decent actor and I find his character likable. His introduction was was pretty bad, I agree with Carl there. I mean, his very first scenes with Luke were good, but the way Lucky was being torn down at the time was so obviously agenda based. These writers are shameless when it comes to tearing down certain characters (or in this case GV). I think they also could have come up with a way to introduce him as Luke's son without insulting L&L fans.

I wish that instead of having K accuse Ethan directly she would have head trauma that made her forget the incident temporarily. Then the waters wouldn't have been muddied. Sam would have jumped to the conclusion that Ethan was guilty because of what happened at the haunted star and we would have had the same drama and players involved.

• Members

A better scenario could have been that Kristina was unconscious, slipped in to a coma, and Ethan was accused until she awoke to clear his name in a couple weeks. In the meanwhile, Sam and others could have gone after Ethan convinced that he attacked Kristina.

• Members

I'm very indifferent regarding the Kristina abuse story...

On one hand, I am of the thought process of quartermainefan...that this is a great storyline with loads of dramatic potential. But at the same time, I also agree in some ways with what CarlD2 and others have expressed that with the way the story is written, viewers could construe(via the dress purchasing, the teasing and leading on of Keifer, the pursuit of older man Ethan) that Kristina was "asking for it" and that is unacceptable.

Yes, Kristina is lying about Ethan hitting her, but she may be lying for the same reason a lot of women do: out of fear or maybe to protect the abuser they love. I don't think that was a stretch, nor do I think this is a story about redeeming men through a violent act against women. At least I hope this isn't.

• Members

In the case of Unborn baby Webber, Lucky Spencer, you ARE the father!Im really glad they let us know this instead of having the test results altered off camera and we viewers left in limbo for months, knowing what is what

I have to say Im loving the fallout of the abuse story. I liked seeing the various reactions especially Alexis. Sam dissapointed me though. I was hoping to see her cry. Ethan was also disapointing. He barely reacted after Sonny tried to kill him. Sonny calling a hit out on Ethan? How predictable

• Members

At first i was SO pissed off at K blaming Ethan (I havent seen todays epi yet)...But I got to thinking...

Kristina doesn't like her dads violonce, and maybe she could tell that Sonny would have killed Kiefer, so she said Ethan because she KNOWS Sonny swore to Luke he would never touch Ethan..Maybe she wants Kiefer to pay, but just not with his life...IDK.

I would have rather seen the story being about K's struggle/fear to testify against Keifer, and having to get over the trauma of the relationship, and working through it with her family, maybe even finding a bond with Sonny, since he has been on that end-of-the-fist...(though in diff. circumstances).

Hopefully it turns out better....

• Members

Sonny is the same man that shot his own son in the chest. Oh wait I forgot...he didnt know that was his son.

I'll say one good thing about Sonny. I liked the scene with him and K sleeping and he looked at her and said she looked just like her grandmother. He saw his mother getting beat in her face and helped to understand his anger bc that bit of history has defined him time and time over the years. I thoguht Maurice's acting was stiff but the use of history was a good touch

I cant beleive Kiefer showed up at the house. What a risky and dangerous move, especially considering he didnt know what K said.

Kristina is an absolute mess. I loved Alexis' reaction to finding she's been having sex and isnt this sweet innocent child she thought she was. I LOVE that NLG finally has a story worthy of her talents bc she was wasted for so long. She was on fire today and will continue to be so in the near future

Is Tony Geary on one of his vacations again? What a bad time for Luke to be written out

Archived